Mig 21bis keeps rolling slightly to the right

Niels Hoffman

Hello everyone,

It has been a while for me since i flew the mig21. But recently i update dcsworld 1.5 and 2.0 to

the latest updates. Now when i fly the mig it keeps rolling slightly to the right in both versions.

Because this only occurs in the mig module i don't think that there is something wrong with my TM joystick.

I know it's not possible to trim in roll so i don't have another clue on how to counter this effect.

Is there Anyone else encountering this problem? Or any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Asus Rampage V Extreme, I7 5930k @ 4.0 GHz, 32Gb Dominator DDR4 (OC), GTX 980 Ti, 250 GB Samsung evo 850 SSD, Win10 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, Trackir5.0, Saitek pro rudders.

Thanks for the quick reply! It happens everytime i take off even with no loadout or wind configuration in both sims 1.5 and 2.0.

Asus Rampage V Extreme, I7 5930k @ 4.0 GHz, 32Gb Dominator DDR4 (OC), GTX 980 Ti, 250 GB Samsung evo 850 SSD, Win10 64-bit, Thrustmaster Warthog, Trackir5.0, Saitek pro rudders.

Thanks for the links i read them both can't really find a solution though. Tonight i will try to recalibrate my stick maybe it's not really centred well anymore. I also have the impression that not many pilots are experiencing this problem. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the links i read them both can't really find a solution though. Tonight i will try to recalibrate my stick maybe it's not really centred well anymore. I also have the impression that not many pilots are experiencing this problem. I will let you know the outcome. Thanks again!

I actually had that problem with my Warthog stick.

It was offset ever so slightly to one side.

I had to recalibrate it, using TM's own HW calibration tool.

You can check the stick by using JoyTester2.

(You need to set up your device to legacy controller in Windows Game controller settings -> Advanced)

If your stick is offset, calibrate it using TM's tool.

However, make sure first to reset any Windows calibration you may have done in the Windows Game controller settings app.

I attach both utilities here.

JoyTester2.zip

TM Joystick Calibration tool 1.13.rar

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I don't own the Mig-21 module but suffer the same at times with the WWII modules I own. Every time I find it to be me being heavy-footed on one of the rudder pedals. In this case, could you be slightly pressing on the right rudder pedal?

Good luck in your trouble shooting!

~Thump.

Computer Specs:

i7-6700K@4.00GHz, 32GB, 850 EVO 1TB, GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung Odyssey VR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]