Joystick Lubricant?

My stick nas been a little jerky.. sometimes giving me hard time to sustain corner speeds or during flare. I was thinking that the axis mechanism could have "dried" out.

Is there any specifc type of lubricant for plastic mechanisms in joysticks?

The most stupid member in the forum

Ok, thanks for the replies.

I found out the the Axis sensors (especially the X-axis ;-) i opened the stick..) were the ones defective and not the mechanism. So even if i greased it out, the results would still be a jerky response.

I'll just buy a new Stick

anyway i'd still be in need of a grease so one question though,

Anyone know the grease used in Tamiya mini 4WD racers? can i used that grease to for flight sticks?

The most stupid member in the forum

Hell I would just happy if someone could tell me how to stop my X45 from sounding like two pigs under a blanket fighting for a piece of slop. It sticks and growls at me, sometimes I think it’s possessed. Along time ago someone had made a mod for it, the replacement parts were made of metal. Any way, I’m open for suggestion other then buying a new stick…I love my four five.

44th_Willy p.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://44thvfw.org

• 2 weeks later...

Nifty x45

What I have used is; candle. Haven't noticed big difference what kind of candle, regular candle is just fine. You can scratch it directly to x45's axis, or if it's hard, do like I: drop a hot wax from candle to, for example, cotton stick. Then you can spread hot wax easily on axis with it. And x45 goes smooth as silk :smartass:

Just renew the action every now and then, and it should be better than new.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD 4000+ @ 3000 ::: ATI X1950 XTX @ 702/1044 ::: 2G Corsair TWINX2048 3500LLPRO @ 500 ::: 21" Sony ::: Saitek X45 & P8000 ::: TrackIR 4 Pro

http://www.355stalkingtigers.com

I find that using a fabric softener sheet to wipe the plastic plate under the spring quiets the stick and smooths it nicely. Seems that the fabric softener has a wax on it that does well.

Althlon X2 6400+ 3.2 ghz

EVGA 8800GT SC - 512mb

X-45

MOMO pedals

Guest erivest

Hi,

Effectively, lithium grease works well but doesn't last long. Wax is a good idea, thanks.

Also, for those of you who are not annoyed just by noise but by X45 over-stiffness, I found on some forum that compressing two (or three) coils of the spring with three tie wraps evently distanced removes lots of over tension on the stick and help it work much smoother. This works well.