startup problem

doebro2010

When downloading and install world 2 for nevada terrain, I got the problem that on the main screen after startup, it looks like it is compressed. So I cannot click on items to start the game.

it is allright when i install the 1.5 version.

I attached the log file maybe there is someone who has more knowledge how to solve this problem.

I gave it installer updater adm rights.

autoupdate_log - Snelkoppeling.zip

• ED Team

Hi doebro2010

the file you sent is just a shourtcut and not the actual file.

A guide for logs is in my signature, and also your autoupdate_log.txt can be found in your DCS root folder. please attach what you have or take a screenshot and we will try and help.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi doebro2010

the file you sent is just a shourtcut and not the actual file.

A guide for logs is in my signature, and also your autoupdate_log.txt can be found in your DCS root folder. please attach what you have or take a screenshot and we will try and help.

No I compressed it with winzip 7

if you click on it then the file can be opened with winzip7

• ED Team

Hi

yes I have tried, a short cut has been compressed

A guide is in my signature

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You cant click on items to start the game nor change/check the resolution?

What are your PC specs. also. does your mouse have option to go to main item on

the newly opened page or item? This being an option in Logitechs mouse and keyboard settings.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

You cant click on items to start the game nor change/check the resolution?

What are your PC specs. also. does your mouse have option to go to main item on

the newly opened page or item? This being an option in Logitechs mouse and keyboard settings.

With the 1.5 dcs there are no problems only when using dcs world the 2.0 On the screen you can click on the items mentioned like on the botttum Nevada or aircrafts and on the right site the game , multiplayer etc.

But on the computer screen of 2.0 dcs is nothing clickeble so I cannot start the game or modify it. Not by keyboard nor mouce.

I have a highend computer and there or no other problems.

So why the 1.5 is allright and the dcs 2.0 doesnot give the proper screen.

With the 1.5 dcs there are no problems only when using dcs world the 2.0 On the screen you can click on the items mentioned like on the botttum Nevada or aircrafts and on the right site the game , multiplayer etc.

But on the computer screen of 2.0 dcs is nothing clickeble so I cannot start the game or modify it. Not by keyboard nor mouce.

So why the 1.5 is allright and the dcs 2.0 doesnot give the proper screen.[

So why the 1.5 is allright and the dcs 2.0 doesnot give the proper screen.[

here is hopefully the log file zipped

autoupdate_log.zip

• ED Team

Thanks

It looks like it has installed ok,

can you look here C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.Openalpha and zip and attach your logs folder we may find some more clues

also what is your system spec and screen resolution?

Thanks

It looks like it has installed ok,

can you look here C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.Openalpha and zip and attach your logs folder we may find some more clues

also what is your system spec and screen resolution?

here is it and furthermore my screen resolution is 2560x1440

Logs.zip

• ED Team

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config

and delete the options.lua and restart DCS open alpha just to rule out some strange options issue

hopefully you should be able to click on the options icon and then select a different resolution.

if that does not help you can manually edit the resolution

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/501/

let us know how you get on

go to C:\Users\yourname\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Config

and delete the options.lua and restart DCS open alpha just to rule out some strange options issue

hopefully you should be able to click on the options icon and then select a different resolution.

if that does not help you can manually edit the resolution

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/faq/501/

let us know how you get on

yes that was the culprit, thank you very much.

that was a great help, now I can download the terrains and aircrafts

• ED Team

great news, and no problem, happy to help.

enjoy your flying in NTTR once you get it downloaded :)