Hammerfall Op 3

Although I enjoyed the M-2000 campaign who was difficult but we could pass the missions, I am stuck with OP 3 and just cannot pass it. I had stop earlier on that campaign because of it. After the m-2000 campaign, I decided to try again but no luck with that mission (I would say low skills)

It didn't seem very realistic flying in that terrain with this weather....going over the enemies about 10 times without being shot ...

What I don't like with the DCS campaigns system where if you can't achieve a mission, you are stuck like the donkey kong games :-).

Done with this campaign and looking forward for other campaigns coming from Baltic Dragon as they are totally fantastic.

Edited by cobragva

Hmm I played this recently and didn't find it too hard to complete. Passed it on my second try and I'm by no means an expert in the A-10. What is giving you troubles? Crashing againt terrain, finding the targets, hitting them? Or getting shot down?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Hmm I played this recently and didn't find it too hard to complete. Passed it on my second try and I'm by no means an expert in the A-10. What is giving you troubles? Crashing againt terrain, finding the targets, hitting them? Or getting shot down?

it was a mix in between couldn't find the Sam 9 (it was quite in the corner) and crashing against the terrain.

I finally used the labels (which I don't use normally) and passed the mission like that

• 1 year later...

Old topic, but I just played it for the first time this weekend.

Once I was in the valley leading up to the target, I created an overhead mark point. I flew down the valley for 2-3 miles and created another mark point. Whenever I went above the clouds to do my bombing, I would always dive back down between the two mark points, and at the same heading as the two mark points. I ended up in the valley, clear of terrain each time. Neat trick, and a way cool VR experience. I figured it out and found the SAM on my 3rd attempt of the mission. MANPADs got me the first two times. I flew into Russian airspace every time, lol. I can avoid the terrain, which is visible, but apparently can’t avoid entering another country.

This was my favorite mission so far. I think I’ll remember this one for years to come. Popping in and out of the clouds and really having to work with the terrain was just as much a challenge as destroying the targets. Very well balanced between stick-and-rudder flying and deploying weapons.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast