UltraMFCD any good?

Hey good wingmen, I'm interested to know if anyone here uses the UltraMFCD and if it's easy to use and is it any good? I've been to the site and had a look and it looks pretty good but just wondering if it takes away the realism of the cockpit and the whole dynamics of flying?

GazAce's Skynet Rig :: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA  Drive ::  Samsung Pro 1TB & another 500GB Drive :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 monitor :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: 2 x EMEET C960 4K Webcams :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

Tried it a while back....

I tried it a bit ago but was running win 7 on a core I7 920 cpu with a 960 graphics card...

It had some bugs that prevented the mfds from displaying correctly.

After a long an fierce battle with the LUA files I finally got the MFD's to display on my 4th monitor. I have them enlarged and quite easy to see. I use Voice Attack to control all function buttons now so I don't need the added functionality of the software.

However, for a new user who wants to "relatively easily" export and move the MFDs to another screen the product has some promise.. not sure if he has all the bugs out for your OS.

I tried it a bit ago but was running win 7 on a core I7 920 cpu with a 960 graphics card...

It had some bugs that prevented the mfds from displaying correctly.

After a long an fierce battle with the LUA files I finally got the MFD's to display on my 4th monitor. I have them enlarged and quite easy to see. I use Voice Attack to control all function buttons now so I don't need the added functionality of the software.

However, for a new user who wants to "relatively easily" export and move the MFDs to another screen the product has some promise.. not sure if he has all the bugs out for your OS.

Thanks Rick, appreciate that. I use Win10 64 bit, it's pretty stable most of the time but Win is a beast of it's own and with windows your always at it's mercy. I'm interested in this UltraMFCD mainly to see if would be a poor mans alt to TrackIR 5 as down here it retails for around $350 but I'm not even sure if TiR5 will work on my rig as I use my 55" tv monitor and sit about 3 mtrs away from it, so maybe distance would be an issue. I sent off a email to the company who make them and naturally they said it would be fine but I'm not sure. Anyway was just a thought, cheers, thanx again. G smile.gif

GazAce's Skynet Rig :: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900K :: Asus ROG Strix Z790-A mobo :: Asus Tuff Gaming GeForce RTX 3080 Ti GPU :: NZXT Kraken Elite 280 RGB AIO white cooler :: G Skill Trident Z Royals DDR4 4x16GB = 64GB :: WD Black SN 850X NVMe SSD 2TB M.2 :: Samsung 860 Pro 2TB SATA  Drive ::  Samsung Pro 1TB & another 500GB Drive :: Corsair Crystal 680X White Case :: Asus XG349C 34" Curve G-Sync 180Hz 3440x1440 monitor :: Corsair 850W PSU :: Virpil Constellation Alpha-R Stick with VPC WarBRD Base :: Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle :: 3 x CubeSim ext mini screens with TM Cougar MFD Bezels :: Asus ROG Pugio 503 Gaming Mouse & Razer BlackWidow mech kb :: TrackIR 5 Pro & Cap Clip :: 2 x EMEET C960 4K Webcams :: Win 11 64 Bit 😉

I'm interested in this UltraMFCD mainly to see if would be a poor mans alt to TrackIR 5

Doesn't work that way. If you want an alternative to TiR, look into Hat Track or Delan Clip; alternatively you can make your own very cheaply. You can also find Chinese TiR knockoffs on chinese stores like aliexpress.

I'm not even sure if TiR5 will work on my rig as I use my 55" tv monitor and sit about 3 mtrs away from it,

It will work fine, just make sure there are no light sources or IR sources in the field of view of the sensor.

As for uMFCD, it works great. Its a lot better and more user friendly than messing around in your monitors.lua file, allows you click and drag exports around and resize at will, allows you to set presets for size and location of each individual export, has clickable buttons on exports, supports hot keys for presets, supports kneeboard builder (means you can have two separate kneeboards) and Baker is adding more functions and aircraft all the time.

Appears to work for my rig

Just re-downloaded UMCFD and it appears to be working on my win 10/64 Home..., nice part is that you can disable the cockpit MFD displays which helps with the FPS... Here is my rig, I use the 4th smaller monitor for the MFDs. Nice to have the CDU up as well...

the titan X is an incredible card, only moderately OC'd and I'm getting an average of 80 - 90 FPS over the 3 - 27" Raptor monitors set at 144 and the 24" Viewsonic for the MFD's

System specs

Monitors

3 - 27" Acer Model XB271HU 2K 2650X1440 LED BACKLIGHT

1 - 24" ViewSonic VS 13239

CPU INTEL I7-6850 K UNLOCKED - 15MB CASH - LGA2011

gbu- tITAN X pASCAL 32GB OC'd using CAM software

OP SYS DRIVE SAMSUNG 960 EVO M.2 250 GB SSD

APPLICATIONS DRIVE SAMSUNG 850 EVO V-NAND 500 GB SSD

MEMORY CORSAIR VENGANCE LPX DDR4 3000 Mhz 15-17-17-35

2 X 8 GB KITS X 2 = 32 GB VRAM

CASE CORASIR GRAPHITE 760T WHITE

POWER SUPPLY EVGGA SUPERRNOVA 1200 P2 PLATINUM

CPU COOLER KRACKEN X62 280MM LIQUID COOLER

Win 10 Home 64 bit

DCS 1.5 & 2.1.0 w/ Nevada + Normandy & Assets PKG

Thrustmaster HOTAS, Joy, throttle, rudders

Epicgear gamer keyboard & Steelseries Rival 100 game mouse

655726903_FlyampDie.thumb.jpg.ac8ddedfe8c249040b0621b7ac1378ed.jpg

Edited by rickberry49
btw

Nice pit man ;) I used this app on my old pc, and it killed my frame rate. I have not used since i upgraded and have a second screen for my mfds just like you, but use extraction via lua file. Have you noticed any hit on the frames with ultramfd? I might give it a go again & see..

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

I was using 1.5 with a single screen across all four monitors with MF D's on the far right side which ends up on my bottom fourth monitor. In this configuration I still have the two mfds running in the cockpit view. What with the Titan X running at 2K across all four screens I'm getting average frame rates between 85 and 95 peeking around 166. When I went to the ultra MFD application I used the single-camera Lua file spread across three of the monitors and simply dragged the mfds and the CDU to the fourth screen and disabled the mfds in the cockpit. Haven't really tested the difference between the two but really didn't notice any change in smoothness or frame rate. Tried running Ultra MFD on the newest version nttr 2.1 and had several crashes so obviously something changed in the newest version. My personal opinion is this type of functionality should be part of the base package. With the DCS guys working on it we could avoid a third party having to work through all the changes each time a new revision comes out. It's a pretty sweet application especially for new users who want to move the functionality of the MF DS to another screen. It took me about a week of study to figure out how to do it on my original setup.

I'm interested in this UltraMFCD mainly to see if would be a poor mans alt to TrackIR 5 as down here it retails for around $350[/img]

Make your own clip and use one of the free tracking softwares. <$5

Spend the other $345 on beer.