Mark on VTB

Skitter

Hi guys,

I've heard it's possible to have a mark point displayed on the radar display. Is it possible ?

I can't find information on how to do it in the manual. But maybe I am missing something.

Would much appreciate some help, cheers

You need to do a PREP + n° of the waypoint you want to display and then VAL.

A bug makes it a bit tricky, for the above to work you need to have the waypoint in the field of view of the radar screen.

This means that the wpaypoint needs to be no more that 60° left or right from your plane's heading and you have to adjust the your radar range so the distance between you and your waypoint is lower that your radar scan range.

You can have up to 5 waypoints on your VTB and you can hide them individualy the same way you show them or hide them all with de declutter switch on the bottom left of the VTB.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Right...can I navigate towards a mark point ?

I press MRC button to make a mark , correct ?

Then I am able to choose waypoint 91, 92, 93 (depends how many marks I produce) as my DEST. The PREP doesn't work unless I double click it with Waypoint 91(or 92...) as DEST.

I press PREP then 91 with VAL....and I think NAV goes crazy or I don't understand the idea. I think NAV is not pointing me towards the mark 91. Then I know you can use the switch on VTB to choose a reference waypoint, but marks are not there.

What am I doing wrong ?

NAV system always point you (HSI, HUD) to DEST waypoint.

Then I don't understand what do you want to do exactly.

To edit or display waypoint on VTB you must use PREP.

The "N" on VTB is used to select a Bullseye. I'm not sure the Mark waypoint would fit that role.

If you need to set up a Bullseye in flight, you can still edit or create a new waypoint with PREP.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Hi Skitter, markpoint can't be displayed on VTB as then can't be selected as PREP (as you can't edit them once registered), but only as DEST, and as Helljumper mentionned, you have to use PREP function to display a waypoint on your VTB

You can navigate to markpoint though from VTH(HUD) or HSI using nav mode with 91/92/93 set as DEST on PCN (if you have registered those 3 markpoint of course)

Hope it helps :smilewink:

Edited by Steph21