*HELP* why CTD with overcast (new problem?)

JEFX

Hi all! and Happy new year.

I have a new problem.

I have tried many things but I must say that I am a bit discouraged.

My Lockon plays fine except that I cannot use overcast clouds anymore, the game crashes to desktop towards the end of loading...

When I check the EVENTVIEWER of the windows administration tools, it tells me that the error message has to do with the file WEATHER.DLL in the lockon directory.

This only happens now with my new computer. I use to have ATI and it was fine. I migrated to nVidia with this new computer, with this great new vidcard (7950X2) and forceware drivers v. 93.81 (quite recent).

Yesterday, I was fiddling with the nVidia control pannel, and after reverting it to classic mode, for an unknown reason I was able temporarily to use clouds. When I booted the computer again, it was buggy again...

Any recommendations? I really dont know what to do next?

(by the way, I am using the 2 chips in the card in dualmode, one for my main display and the other one for my Lilliput screen with touchbuddy).

thanks

JEFX

Core2Duo E6600, 2 Gig RAM, nVidia 7950X2, lockon 1.12a, etc. (CH gear, TrackIR, good HD, etc)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In DCS I fly jets with thousands of pounds of thrust...

In real life I fly a humble Cessna Hawx XP II with 210 HP :D

Try seting Anisotropic Filtering in graphics driver to Application Controlled.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

Ah well, this thing is really strange as now it's working fine for me even with 6xAA and 16xAF... really strange...

What I have done is first disable both AA and AF, start the mission... and it worked fine. Then I increased AA and AF to 2x both, again mission runs fine... then 4xAA and 2xAF...again fine... 6xAA and 2xAF again fine... then I thought it might me the AF making this CTD... so I try 6xAA and 16AF...and it's still fine!? I mean what the?

Edit: by the way. my water is on High.

No longer active in DCS...