TM Hotas Warthog Secondary right PCB replacement DON'T DO IT!

Good day pilots..

I come to you with an issue I'm currently facing. at this time, I'm elbow deep in my TM HOTAS Warthog throttle quadrant. TM has been communicating with me regarding a secondary right PCB replacement. The PCB needed to be replaced because I had the eng oper switch stop working correctly. TM told me that although they don't have instructions on how to replace the secondary right PCB, it'd be similar to replacing the Main PCB and sent instructions for it. DO NOT ACCEPT THIS! Push for sending them your throttle unit and having them send you a replacement or repaired throttle instead. Learn from me.. I'm about 2 hours into this, I've pretty much disassembled everything and I'm not sure if I will be able to reassemble everything again. Already considering buying a new throttle unit instead of having to attempt to put it all back together..

After 5 years of use, I had a stuck autopilot mode selector switch and tried to replace it. After opening the thing up and discovering I had to completly disassemble the throttle to unsolder the broken switch, I wrapped it all up and forgot about repairing it. In the end I sold the HOTAS to someone who didn't care about the switch and bought a new one.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Right now my throttle unit is sitting at the local computer shop with them trying to replace the pcb and put it back together.. If they cannot do it, I've already spoken to TM for them to possibly do an out of warranty RMA.. I'll wait to see what the computer shop has to say about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Definitely don't try to repair anything if you are not certain about what you're doing.

I have replaced the main board in my Warthog, and that's a pretty straightforward process, as it doesn't involve soldering or complex dismantling and reassembly.

Inside the Warthog though there are a lot of very fine, fragile wires, lots of plastic parts that may go brittle with age, and in the case of the joystick assembly, some small springs that are just dying to escape and find their way into your shag pile carpets.

DIY is great, and can save you a lot of money, but it does have risks attached if you are not absolutely sure of what you're up to.

Bear in mind too that the main board alone cost me 48 Euros. It did however prolong the life of my HOTAS by a couple of years so far.

• 3 years later...

This is from 2017, so a few years have gone by....   I need to purchase a new PCB for the joystick and cannot find where to buy
one from TM ?   I purchased a replacement board for the Throttle and had no problems installing or buying one, but 
that was over 4 years ago.   Any link would help

Thanks and Clear Skies
  Mike