Quick's A10C home cockpit build

quick

Hm... If you print the knobs, why not make a negative shape for the arrow and fill it with ink?

I guess it'll be easier filling than painting with a toothpick or a small brush.

Anyway: Keep up with your work! I like following the progress.

It's have a negative shape for the arrow.because I did not care enough when filling the paint.

CDU design

I chose a 3.5 inch TFT screen. It is very cheap, about 12 $.

Serial port screen, comes with driver chip, faster refresh rate, more simple development.

There are some special characters in DCS-BIOS conversion, I try to convert to basic ASCII characters.

First of all these characters used (A10C is a picture format) extracted, made font, save to the screen flash ,and then output characters through the DCS-BIOS and displayed on the screen.

Some trouble is that this will need two serial ports, no choice, only mega2560.it's a bit big.

I found Arduino to support STM32 MCU, but compile error in DCS-BIOS.

This MCU is very powerful, high-speed, multi-serial, and cheaper.

https://github.com/rogerclarkmelbourne/Arduino_STM32

Now many devices are made of modules, easy to develop, but need more serial, SPI, I2C and other communication resources.

cdu2.jpg.e2912906b48750ec37a2c34a631b2154.jpg

cdu.jpg.95cc3a9c17a86abf4e1281e1029412e4.jpg

stm32f103c8.jpg.624d4daa7dffe2dea5c25b3a3b427e2b.jpg

Not wishing to be a smart arse because simms mean so much to each builder.

But with the A-10C replicating the CDU screen on the MFD and the pinky/modifiers able to replicate every key press from your keypad, why the buzz to n#make a CDU?

Im not beind a smart arse, obviously every panel can be cheated, but why would the A10C put the CDI screen upfront if it didnt anticipate it to replace the CDU...

Just a genuine thought.

can you give a link for this display ?

The purchase link is in Chinese language. I can send you a message.

Not wishing to be a smart arse because simms mean so much to each builder.

But with the A-10C replicating the CDU screen on the MFD and the pinky/modifiers able to replicate every key press from your keypad, why the buzz to n#make a CDU?

Im not beind a smart arse, obviously every panel can be cheated, but why would the A10C put the CDI screen upfront if it didnt anticipate it to replace the CDU...

Just a genuine thought.

I'm sorry, Google Translate can not accurately translate the meaning you want to say, I did not understand.

I have a CDU on my road map and I see it just as a technical challenge. And nothing can beat flipping real switches and clicking real buttons. :)

Though yes, pinkie and keyboard is the easy way for this, but some like it hard. ;)

Great:thumbup: "nothing can beat flipping real switches and clicking real buttons."

CDU PCB production

The last method of making a PCB failed, so I used the original method, but with a few more steps.

1. CNC drill and cut

2. print film paper

3 with 365nm UV light irradiation

4. Development

5. Etched

For the first time using this method of making PCB, pay a lot of tuition, wasting a lot of material, or not perfect, and then slowly strengthen.

figure 1: ready to irradiation

figure 2: PCB OK

figure 3: Cut the acrylic panels, and test the buttons setup position

CDU_PCB01.jpg.029a8ccc89f226a073a90be4b8a69445.jpg

CDU_PCB02.jpg.e29d67a57538a281afba2f9233faa1b9.jpg

CDU_PCB03.thumb.jpg.dc00e8e975f8fb09bb955ce081e9f4f3.jpg