Steering Issues

Kpdretired

I Must be doing something wrong in my Axis setups, I havent been able to get the Viggen off the ground yet, I'm constantly oversteering, both Taxiing, and in my takeoff roll, no matter how small my rudder inputs are, and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

What controller do you have?

I have noticed Viggen is very sensitive to controller resolution. If you're yaw axis has low resolution it will become hard to maneuver.

My main controller, PFT Lynx, work perfectly fine with my helicopters. But for Viggen it has too low resolution, especially pitch and roll axis. Very hard to fly with my Lynx. So I am forced to use my old Saitech Cyborg Evo with Viggen.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

FWIW, the only axis I have tweaked in the controller setup is the rudder which I have set to curvature 20. It takes rather large inputs to turn corners.

During the takeoff roll I´ve noticed that the plane does a small yawing motion that I initially tended to overcorrect with rudder, classic PIO. Mostly the plane doesn´t need my input at all, depending on winds of course.

When airspeed reaches +270 I pull back slightly on the stick, then keep it still and let the nose rise, as opposed to pull more and more which causes the nose to yank up too much.

Hope that helps a bit.

• 3 months later...

Use the left and right wheel brakes for fine adjustments

System Specs: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz @ 4.8GHz, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master, 32 GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3600 RAM, GeForce GTX 4090, Crucial SSD (750 GB), TrackIR 5, TMWH, TM T-Flight Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49” Odyssey G9