Any saitek HOTAS worth it?

Hi everyone!

I just broke my credit cards FINALLY steping out of the hardware crawling ive been my whole life (always upgrading by bits and bits) and bought a whole new PC. hope it will last a bit longer than usual :D

so now, the only thing i need to be on my sause its to have a HOTAS. im using an SAITEK CYBORG FLY 5. and its utter damn shiet IMO. so inaccurate, sloppy, clunky, its has like a hard deadzone on the center so when i put some force to move it, its ends moving a lot couse it was applying resistance before start moving and when it looses, bang.

in the other hand, my country is expensive af, a warthog HOTAS its around U$D 871.79...

and Saitek X52 U$D 405.12 and ... x56 for u$d 502.56

Joystick Pc T16000 Fcs Hotas Thrustmaster u$d 328

Cant believe i can get only these piece of plastics for so much money...

with this prices im far from getting propper rudder pedals so i think a stick with wrist twist could help?

what do u think?? are these saitek x52/56 worth all that money? should i stay away from flight simming? :cry:

edit: just in a irrelevant side note, my gf traveled to Miami 2 months ago and she didnt bring anything... unbelievable. i might broke with her.

already put this on the correct section: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3383060#post3383060

please close :)

Edited by shonist

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

Hi everyone!

I just broke my credit cards FINALLY steping out of the hardware crawling ive been my whole life (always upgrading by bits and bits) and bought a whole new PC. hope it will last a bit longer than usual :D

so now, the only thing i need to be on my sause its to have a HOTAS. im using an SAITEK CYBORG FLY 5. and its utter damn shiet IMO. so inaccurate, sloppy, clunky, its has like a hard deadzone on the center so when i put some force to move it, its ends moving a lot couse it was applying resistance before start moving and when it looses, bang.

in the other hand, my country is expensive af, a warthog HOTAS its around U$D 871.79...

and Saitek X52 U$D 405.12 and ... x56 for u$d 502.56

Joystick Pc T16000 Fcs Hotas Thrustmaster u$d 328

Cant believe i can get only these piece of plastics for so much money...

with this prices im far from getting propper rudder pedals so i think a stick with wrist twist could help?

what do u think?? are these saitek x52/56 worth all that money? should i stay away from flight simming? :cry:

edit: just in a irrelevant side note, my gf traveled to Miami 2 months ago and she didnt bring anything... unbelievable. i might broke with her.

already put this on the correct section: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3383060#post3383060

please close :)

x52 for USD 405/- ???? Where are you checking the prices dude. Its not that expensive. Brand new saitek x52 is for USD 150. And yes its a very nice, durable and accurate controller.

I confirm . Mine is 9 years old, still working fine (except for the damn slider, it has always been a bit problematic)

U mean the little slider on the throttle? After almost a decade of use it must be needing little cleaning. Mine is more than 10 years old. Almost everything working fine. It is pre madcatz so the quality was good at that time. Not sure about today's quality.

U mean the little slider on the throttle? After almost a decade of use it must be needing little cleaning. Mine is more than 10 years old. Almost everything working fine. It is pre madcatz so the quality was good at that time. Not sure about today's quality.

Yes, that one. It works, but keeps 'wobbling'. It always has, also when brand new

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Yes, that one. It works, but keeps 'wobbling'. It always has, also when brand new

Yes same here. Nothing to worry. I havent found a use for that slider till now. everything else works well. The centering and rudder control is very nice. Any specific change between the x52 and x52 pro other than an additional spring. I have heard the pro has more Hall sensors but logitech has not advertised this thing anywhere. I mean if a company adds a feature they advertise it like crazy. but no mention of double hall sensors any where.