2.5..subtle flight model change??

deltahawk2008

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else is sensing a subtle change in the flight model of the KA50 with the move to 2.5? I feel as though it not as "steady" if that is the word, as the previous iterations of 1.5x..Also, the PVI seems to go on the fritz, just drops straight out...this may be just playing old missions in new 2.5..however...

Your thoughts?

I've only played on one server so far with only one weather setting so my observations can't be decisive.

I felt that the Shark feels a little slower then before. I remember it maxing at 270 when against the wind and 300++ when going with.

With 2.5 I can barely hit 250 when going against, and only about 270 when going with.

To me it feels like they've stiffened the blades just a tad. It's slightly harder to touch them together now. Not much harder mind you... so top speed wasn't affected a lot, but mid speed aerobatic capability is better now.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It's been long time not flying it. I thought maybe that was the reason but after I saw this thread I flew it and felt more staid and calm an aircraft but, this may be a placebo effect of course.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

The FM feels a little bit more sensitive. But nothing world bending.

But the oscillating in yaw seems to me as being a bug of the SASs reaction speed or as i did mention above the the whole Flight model did become more sensitive and the Autopilots yaw stability has a hard time keeping up with it.

All in all it feels like the helicopter has been set in a environment of very high density or Air pressure even when you go into the mission editor and create a mission with the already preset Weather.

ISE :)

"Blyat Naaaaa" - Izlom