Wake turbulence behind tanker

hreich

Wake turbulence it's produced by variable values, so a part of an entire weather engine.

In a few words, if I should to choose betweek had a simple effect completely disengaged by physics, my answer is NO.

As a part of a new and professional weather engine is obviously YES.

I should also add that we must not forget that helicopters also fly in this environment, a more defined simulation of the thermals and all the aspects linked to them would be necessary.

This exists in Falcon BMS,

And this is not BMS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

What has wake turbulance to do with weather?

Well, wake turbulance is caused by wingtip vortices and/or jetwash so it has to do with "turbulent" air.

Right know wind and Wind Movement its a simple vector in DCS. AFAIK, Direction and speed.

You can have up to 4 different leyers of this at different altitudes. you have and option of "turbulence" on dcs but this is more of a Gimmick than a real simulation of turbulance.

Currently "Turbulence" in DCS its the same as "wake Turbulance on BMS" they are just a "lets shake your plane for the fun of it"

So he is refering to the Weather Engine needing a Complete overhaul to actually create a Turbulence effect more realistic than just lets shake the plane.

Now this is far easier said than done.. in my experience creating a realistic weather simulation its as hard if not harder than creating a realistic F-18 but with DCS leaving the "combat" behind and more acrobatic/civil planes comming maybe in a few years we can have all those really fun weather effect we are hoping for!

A.K.A. Timon -117th- in game

What has wake turbulance to do with weather?

As is known, wake turbulence, for example when taking off, may remain in place for a couple of minutes. What I mean to say is that it would not be realistic to have wake turbulence along the track even 1 minute after an airplane has taken off if there are 30 knots of crosswind. Turbulence should be dispersed or otherwise diverted etc.etc.

A similar comparison about an effect "as is" was found in 1.5 when you entered the cockpit with zero wind and you could still hear the sound of gusts (last time in 2.5 I could hear the crickets)

Now, from what I remember, ED is working on a new weather engine or it's in their plans soon. What I hope is that the physics of this engine "interfere" with the effects. But I'm sure the ED will do a great job on this too.

Air modeling is required, not just for tanker, but for every landing/take-off and in acrobatics and dog fight.

While that would be an excellent end result that is huge amount of work and would require a lot of processing power, right now some kind of scripted turbulent zone behind tankers would be a big improvement.

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.