When you thought it was all ready for upgrade..

LC34

Space on hard drive? Check

Saved control maps? Check

Download update? Check

Adjust graphics settings to make it as pretty as possible? Check

Start flying A-10 C....woops, forgot to load controls...for some reason I started with F-15, done, Sabre, done, etc etc....get to A-10.....wait? What? Where is the control profiles? :doh: guess I didn't save them.

Stupid noob I think to myself, but then I think hurray!!! Thrustmaster warthog hotas premaps already automatically. And it did, just not like how I had it and was used to.

Moral of the story for those about to update, check and double check your saved files etc or end up like me trying to figure out how to get it back the way I'm comfortable with.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Ahh, I had just typed that you can bring the old configs back. But Now that I re-read it, that *is* the problem. You don't have your old config.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yeah, I was stupid. Thought I had gotten them all. Ohh well, I was just going to start learning the A-10 again anyhow so this isn't a huge loss.

Just a heads up for others that are going to upgrade soon as a reminder.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Only thing I seem to be having trouble with is on my warthog hotas, I cant seem to start the engine. the switches are working as when I hit them it moves the same switch inside the cockpit in game, but its been a 50/50 just starting both engines.

When starting the engines, do I push the two switches above the apu starter up and keep them middle? Seems I have more luck pushing them down and locking them in the down position.

Also checked the off and idle setting by lifting up the two throttles and those are working fine. Obviously I'm starting in the off position but moving to idle doesn't start them. Even made sure to check if the in game setting for syncing the hotas with the game was there and yes, its synced.

Edited by LC34

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X#D

64 GB Ram

MSI RTX 4090

Only thing I seem to be having trouble with is on my warthog hotas, I cant seem to start the engine. the switches are working as when I hit them it moves the same switch inside the cockpit in game, but its been a 50/50 just starting both engines.

When starting the engines, do I push the two switches above the apu starter up and keep them middle? Seems I have more luck pushing them down and locking them in the down position.

Also checked the off and idle setting by lifting up the two throttles and those are working fine. Obviously I'm starting in the off position but moving to idle doesn't start them. Even made sure to check if the in game setting for syncing the hotas with the game was there and yes, its synced.

Engine start in the Charlie, battery on, inverter on, fuel pumps on, apu start on, wait for apu to spool up, apu gen on.

Check eng ign switch’s in norm poss move left throttle from idle stop to idle, engine will automatically begin start and you will see eng start process green warning until engine start done. Once started lien on apu gen off, right engine start, once start right gen on, apu off.

So keep them middle.

if You suffer a failure to start After fuel has been introduced then move the switches to motor and motor the engine for at least 30 seconds to clear any vapour.

You can ‘manual’ start them, but that requires fuel override toggle and it’s not exactly easy to motor, ign and then override easier to let the engine start system do it for you.

With the warthog hotas throttle I find some times I need to come out of. Idle stop and back in then out for it to pick up I moved out but then I do a throttle check as part of pre apu now and that solves that issue

Edited by robgraham

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)