Local languages for radio calls (Arabic/Persian)

Spudknocker

Hey ED or anyone in the know! Will there be an addition of Persian or Arabic radio transmissions for the Persian Gulf map?

Persian for the IRIAF and Arabic for the Gulf States ie Oman, UAE, Kuwait etc

however there sure are a heck of a lot of British Accents on the ATC channels in most of the Gulf states so maybe British sounding ATC in english with middle eastern accents in english for Gulf State pilots? Could add a lot to the immersion of feeling like your flying in the congested airspace of the gulf!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

• 1 month later...
I thought English was the universal standard at airports and traffic control?
Well, it is for civil operations involving countries which are into ICAO rules, still is usual to speak your native language locally. Not sure about military operations Worldwide. But even speaking English, local accents can be quite a challenge. I don't see Russian accent in Georgia ATCs, but it would be nice to have those now we have and will have maps all around the World.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 1 month later...
It would be great to see more languages and different accents for countries. American accents when we're flying F4s, F5s and F14s for the IRIAF would be a bit of an immersion killer.

well the Iranian air force has f14s obvs and they were trained by the Americans and I've met some and seen many documentaries they use a mix of Persian and american lingo while speaking over comms. everything in Persian but they use terms such as "take off" "bearing" "target" "bingo" numbers are generally communicated in English from what i've seen and heard. "bug out" "lead" "wingman" these are spoken in English for comms for IRIAF. so technical terms seem to be in English but general communication is Persian or farsi to be accurate.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

HP OMEN 880-130 - Windows 10/Intel Core i7-8700K/2TB HDD/ 1TB SSD/32GB DDR4 RAM/GTX 1080 Ti