Degraded AG weapons delivery accuracy in latest 2.5 update

DaveRindner

Perhaps its just me, but with latest update to 2.5 F-5E has degraded unguided bomb delivery accuracy. At least for me.

The sweet parameters for MK 82 delivery , on standard day, as described , as follows;

Begin attack dive 5km from tgt at 5000 feet above tgt.

Depr Setting for Manual is 80 (down)

Dive angle 20

Speed at release 400 knots indicated

Slant range to tgt , 1.5 km.

I thought I got good at that, now I can't hit a barn. The impact is consistently short.

For rockets and guns, parameters are same except that DEPR for Man. is 15(Down).

Rockets are long. They sail over the target.

I did not experienced any problem with my last runs since I switched to 2.5 Open Beta.

I even tried to apply the parameters found in the F-5E Weapons Delivery Manual for delivering ordnance at very low altitude and it worked flawlessly at each of my attacks (though it was Snakeyes released in ripple mode).

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Perhaps its just me, but with latest update to 2.5 F-5E has degraded unguided bomb delivery accuracy. At least for me.

The sweet parameters for MK 82 delivery , on standard day, as described , as follows;

Begin attack dive 5km from tgt at 5000 feet above tgt.

Depr Setting for Manual is 80 (down)

Dive angle 20

Speed at release 400 knots indicated

Slant range to tgt , 1.5 km.

I thought I got good at that, now I can't hit a barn. The impact is consistently short.

For rockets and guns, parameters are same except that DEPR for Man. is 15(Down).

Rockets are long. They sail over the target.

I went through the provided training missions and found the same short result as you with bombs, but the rockets seemed spot on for me.

6700K@4.6 48Gb - 1080Ti Hybrid - Warthog - RIFT