Can't zoom in VR?

dmwierz

I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out why I can zoom in/out on the TF-51 with standard keyboard commands in 2D, but when I switch to VR, zoom no longer functions.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by dmwierz

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I've spent the last couple hours trying to figure out why I can zoom in/out on the TF-51 with standard keyboard commands in 2D, but when I switch to VR, zoom no longer functions.

What am I doing wrong?

Yes you can but not with the zoom button as in normal game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can but not with the zoom button as in normal game...

Ok....so how, then? I've even tried mapping the zoom functions to buttons and keys on my various controllers, and still, no joy.

i9-9900K @5.1Ghz w/ 32GB RAM, RTX2080 Super w/ 8G, Samsung Odyssey VR HMD, 1 TB SSD, VKB Gladiator MKII, TM TWCS throttle, Saitek Pro Yoke, Saitek Throttle Quadrant x2, CH Pro Pedals, Obutto Ozone

I’m not by the pc now... but open up key setting and then scroll down to the bottom of your module key setting... there should be a UI setting. In there you will see that you can set VR center and VR zoom features. I suggest you map a 2 key for this - on one the keyboard and one on your stick that work together. I have “Lctrl+hat forward”

Hope you find it!..,

I’m not by the pc now... but open up key setting and then scroll down to the bottom of your module key setting... there should be a UI setting. In there you will see that you can set VR center and VR zoom features. I suggest you map a 2 key for this - on one the keyboard and one on your stick that work together. I have “Lctrl+hat forward”

Hope you find it!..,

Cool, I'll give this a try. Thanks

To clarify, the same place where you go to configure your joysticks, the pull down with all the modules. Go all the way to the bottom, and you'll see UI Layer.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

To clarify, the same place where you go to configure your joysticks, the pull down with all the modules. Go all the way to the bottom, and you'll see UI Layer.

Got it. Thanks!

Found the UI settings, but the paddles on the TWCS still won’t register, and neither does the scroll whell on the left end of the throttle. I move everything through the complete range of motion, and nothing shows up.

Buttons work fine, though.

About ready to give up

Edited by dmwierz

Found the UI settings, but the paddles on the TWCS still won’t register, and neither does the scroll whell on the left end of the throttle. I move everything through the complete range of motion, and nothing shows up.

Buttons work fine, though.

About ready to give up

You can only set to buttons, not an axis.

You can also assign to multiple buttons, I have my VR Zoom assigned to a press and hold button, and also a toggle switch for on/off.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You can only set to buttons, not an axis.

You can also assign to multiple buttons, I have my VR Zoom assigned to a press and hold button, and also a toggle switch for on/off.

Don, thanks. I think I've figured it out, with the help of you guys.

The VR Zoom is now assigned to a press-and-hold button (I like the way it springs back to normal when released) and the VR Center is assigned to a button right next to the VR Zoom. So far, so good.

I also figured out my assignment of the POV switch was moot in VR, as all I had to do was turn my head.

I wonder, can you increase the level of zoom beyond the default in VR Zoom?

Don, thanks. I think I've figured it out, with the help of you guys.

The VR Zoom is now assigned to a press-and-hold button (I like the way it springs back to normal when released) and the VR Center is assigned to a button right next to the VR Zoom. So far, so good.

I also figured out my assignment of the POV switch was moot in VR, as all I had to do was turn my head.

I wonder, can you increase the level of zoom beyond the default in VR Zoom?

:thumbup:

Good deal glad you got it.

Currently there is no way to increase the zoom level. Hoping the devs tweak that in the near future.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hope you find it!..,

Thanks a lot. By the way, not only oculus can be used, vive can also be used?

Samsung MR+ | HTC vive + TPCast Wireless Adaptor | Titan RTX(as DeepLearning Computing) | MCG pro + TWCS | 8600k @4.5G | hyperX DDR4 16Gx4 | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB x2 (for Training samples fast R/W)