New Air-to-Air Refuelling Tutorial for the A-10/KC-10.

I still see posts requesting info on how to get fuel using the flying-boom method, so I put together a little lesson on how it's done - or how I think it's done.

Preview:

If you want the hi-fi version so you can read the HUD there's the WMV on the front page of my site here:

http://www.dpsflight.com/

Hope it's of use to a few of you.

DPS.

You could have checked out Ironhand's toutorials in the Flight basics section. He has toutorials for both the F-15 and the Su-33 (the F-15 one applies to the A-10A as well.)

http://www.flankertraining.com/ironhand/flightbasics.htm

Nice movie DPS

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Theres one thing that I like about this site ..

It appears that they have a lot of missions available for download ...

There just might be some fresh ideas to check out..

I'm going to give them a shot, I might find something there .....

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Just ran through it and pretty nice. Key things to remember is that once the player is hooked up to the aircraft, that it's all scripted, so he or she can just relax until the fuel is transferred. Plus a good tip is to mention the basic keys, and that by hitting the "R" key, the HUD will automatically show the distance to the tanker. Just keep to the basics :thumbup:

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

I'v done it in the '15. not in the '33 yet. the su-33 is much more difficult because it's not scripted.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

Actually I think it's a quasi bug as I've never gotten to fill up totally. Probably something to do with using autothrottle, as once I'm hooked up, it stays where it's at when I hook in.

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

There's one thing that I like about this site ..

It appears that they have a lot of missions available for download ...

There just might be some fresh ideas to check out..

I'm going to give them a shot, I might find something there .....

~S~

Blaze

I did look into the included missions and they are very nicely and professionally done... They've got the support trucks working on servicing the aircraft before take off for onething...

This gives you a feeling that your not by yourself ...

And the mission objectives Tye in nicely with the way the missions are carried out, very close to RL...

It gives me some new ideas to try out on missions that I build myself....

Now if we can just get that DC builder from ED :)

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

i actually find the su-33 to be easier even though you have to manually maintain speed and altitude...etc. Of course you can press to hold those but i like the challenge.

Well I finally got it done without autothrottle, and must say it's alot better, and of course the challenge factor is much better...