Bug: Shaders/objects seem like they're knackered

Aluminum Donkey

Greetings everyone,

Just downloaded the huge 11GB update, now when I fly in Normandy, the buildings are all black and the general color of the map just seems 'off'. Nevada seems to have no buildings at all! I haven't tried the Caucasus map yet, but I will in a bit...

Turning off Deferred Shading has no effect, neither does deleting my Metashaders so the sim can recompile them.

At first I was really impressed with the great framerates in Nevada until I realized what was going on :)

Any cure for this besides deactivating and re-installing the entire sim from scratch? It's a 100 GB download, which takes a while at... you know, 0.2-0.5 MB/sec ;p

Just for the record, I updated to the latest Nvidia driver (391.01).

Thanks,

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

Hi

the buildings are reported

thanks

Cool, I just flew a mission in the new Caucasus map and it seems to be working well. I assume the other two maps will be sorted out soon :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• ED Team
Cool, I just flew a mission in the new Caucasus map and it seems to be working well. I assume the other two maps will be sorted out soon :)

AD

yes the team are working on it now, I hope we do not have long to wait

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, PIMAX Crystal