1080ti and DCS 1.5 Crashes help please!!

Hi,

didnt read all Posts, but i didnt read anything about making a fresh and clean reinstall of your PC.

It can help to solve your problem and in the whole thread there are mentioned very strange issues.... So I think in the end this will be the best way.

And before you start... try to inform yourself about updating your BIOS at the manufacture homepage.

I was afraid to update the BIOS too, but with the manual it was very easy and selfexplaning. Maybe its different with your mobo but atleast take a look and then you can decide.

Last but not least. Check that all cards and cables are pluged in properly... :smartass:

I actually went ahead and updated my bios this morning, no help. Do you mean a fresh clean install of windows?

Windows 10

ASRock Z370 Extreme4 LGA 1151 (300 Series) MOBO

intel i7-8700k (Not overclocked)

16 GB Ram

EVGA GeForce GTX 108ti SC Black Edition

SSD

Trackir

One more thing...

Windows install should be on its own Drive (c:/)

and your Games should be on a different Drive (e.g. d:/)

Also delete dcs and redownload it...! (Maybe Backup your settings, etc. But the Problem can be there:thumbdown: )

I know that this really sucks and should be your last option but not being able to enjoy dcs with a 1080ti card is even worse.

kind regards

Bender_39

Thanks guys, I'm going to do all of the above and see if it helps. I'm also buying a new PSU and MOBO right now in case the clean install of windoes doesn't work. Wish me luck! Thanks for everyone's help!!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

I have a SSD and a HDD. Which one should I put windows on and which one should I put my games on?

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

which size are they?

You can also create a new partition, having c:/ and d:/ on the same disk.

My Configuration looks like that,

C:/ OS on a SSD (128GB),

D:/ only DCS on a SSD (250GB)

E:/ FlightSim and Games on a SSD

F:/ a HDD for the downloads and backups

What I learned is that its always the best to have the Operating System on its own Drive

Edited by Bender_39

kind regards

Bender_39

Admin DOS window

sfc /scannow

will take 10 minutes if that comes back OK, your windows install is ok

and there is no point re-installing windows

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Both the HDD and SDD are 500GB. The SDD is M.2

Running sfc scannow, thanks for the suggestion!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Sfc scannow results: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Sfc scannow results: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations"

Then your windows install is ok

Next stop .... ruling out hardware on your PC

See my earlier post with the list of free utils to try

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

Could I suggest a ASUS Maximus Hero MB. Just redid my system from a 4670K and I'm getting about 50 FPS on the ground @ 7680 X 1440.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Then your windows install is ok

Next stop .... ruling out hardware on your PC

See my earlier post with the list of free utils to try

Will do, thanks! :thumbup:

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Could I suggest a ASUS Maximus Hero MB. Just redid my system from a 4670K and I'm getting about 50 FPS on the ground @ 7680 X 1440.

I actually just picked up a ASUS Prime Z370-A in case I figure out it's the MOBO. But thanks for the suggestion!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Can I make one more suggestion You have the Nice 8700K and you running it @ 3.7ghz get yourself some decent cooling and turn that bad boy up at to at lease 4.7ghz so you can feed that 1080ti what it needs. I had mine up to 5.2ghz but only seen a few FPS more for me the sweet spot is 5.0ghz

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Can I make one more suggestion You have the Nice 8700K and you running it @ 3.7ghz get yourself some decent cooling and turn that bad boy up at to at lease 4.7ghz so you can feed that 1080ti what it needs. I had mine up to 5.2ghz but only seen a few FPS more for me the sweet spot is 5.0ghz

I definitely plan on OCing that bad boy, when I have a few minutes to learn how. I've never overclocked anything before. from what I've heard, it's pretty easy these days. Thanks for the suggestion!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

No more crash or stutters thanks to Sham03

For many months I've been reading almost every post in this forum trying to end crash and stutters in the game that I love. I followed all the Sham03 info and the game has no more crash or stutters It does not cost anything to try because it's free to have Process Lasso to try, buy if it works. I've never had DCS working so perfect. Thanks to Sham03 and everyone who tried their best to help.:thumbup:

JB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel® Core™ i7-6850 CPU@3.60GHz @4.068

Asus ROG STRIX X99 GAMING ATX Motherboard

64 bit operation System- RAM 32.0 GB

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 WindForce OC 8GB

- Disk Drives KINGSTON SVP200S37A 1tb/WDC WD 10EZEX-00ZF5A0 - Samsung ssd 1tb 840 series.

- 3 Samsung 27"SyncMaster 3D Game monitors - Windows 8.1 Pro - TM Hotas Warthog-Trackir5 pro-Saitek Rudder Pedals-Cougar MFD.

Latest Update:

I have tried the following and still, no help:

Process Lasso

New/different MOBO

New/different PSU

At this point the only things left that I haven't done are a clean reinstall of Windows and lastly, return the GPU and see if maybe I got a bad card.

Thanks everybody for your help and hopefully I'll have a final resolution to my game crash issues sooner rather than later.

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

Admin DOS window

sfc /scannow

will take 10 minutes if that comes back OK, your windows install is ok

and there is no point re-installing windows

As fixing computers and networks is my business I want to laugh out hard when I read that comment. But I won’t.

In order for SFC to be useful you need a current repo to check with. You do that with DISM.

So first DISM, then SFC. And you always run SFC 3 times if you wanna be fairly sure it’s OK. You’d be surprised how many times a week we stumble upon 2 SFC’s that runs OK and the third one find and fixes issues. Even though you run them in consecutive order.

But then again, DISM/SFC will fail to repair even the dreaded start menu fail bug in Win10, so even MS recommend reinstall after DISM/SFC.

Edited by Dejjvid

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

Latest Update:

I did a clean re-install of Windows 10 and I couldn't even get my computer to recognize the 1080 ti GPU, it was just a black screen when I tried to use it. I called EVGA and they said just to send it back. I re-installed my old EVGA 1050 Ti and have had no crashes at all. The only thing now is when I try to exit the game, it never exits properly and always says the program is not responding, etc, in which I just click cancel. I'm not sure why that's happening but I'd rather deal with just that then not even being able to play the game for more than 10 seconds. I should have the new 1080 ti on Wednesday and I'll report back if it works and it was just a bad card or if I'm still having game crashes with it. Thanks again for everyone that has helped and made some suggestions!! It's much appreciated!!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir

• ED Team

I hope you get your card sorted, sucks when this happens.

Is DCS running with admin permissions and allowed by AV? might prevent the crash on exit

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Great news guys, got the new card and no crashes! Well, game wise. :lol: Looks like it was a bad card after all of that. The game still doesn't exit properly, and I do run it as administrator. Not sure what's going on there. I play it thru Steam if that means anything. Thanks again to everyone who tried to help!!

Windows 10

16 GB Ram

SSD

Trackir