SU-25T Cannon Training mission

I got warned that the following gate would be really low but I wasn't expecting this!

UZkc0iT.png

That's a bit too low for me to handle! :surrender:

Anyway, as I can't fly through that gate the rest of the training mission doesn't trigger.

Running the regular 2.5 stable release branch.

You don't really mention what you are hoping for with this thread... Advice... suggestions?

This is not a bug, it is as intended. The gate is low because you are required to do a steep dive. And the fact that the rest of the mission doesn't trigger is normal behavior in dcs. Most missions are built with a bunch of events that trigger some actions.

Sadly there isn't much that can be done other than practicing. You should be able to do that steep dive and go through the gate. Especially now that you know that it is that low, you can "plan" your maneuvers ahead and make it.

I remember it took my a few attempts before I was able to do that training mission.

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

:lol:

It looks like the gate is literally in the forest based on the screen shot...nobody's making it through that in one piece if this is the case now that trees are collidable.

The elevation of the area on the map appears to have changed, I believe the gate needs to be raised a little bit.

Since the training content for the Su-25 is unprotected, if you are able to identify the problem gate you can likely correct this yourself by opening the mission in the editor, selecting the problem waypoint, and raising the altitude by 10-20m or so to get the gate back out of the trees. You may need to edit a UNIT'S ALTITUDE HIGHER THAN or UNIT'S ALTITUDE LOWER THAN trigger as well depending on how the .miz is set up. I'm not in the editor right now but I'll take a peek when able.

Edited by feefifofum

Oh ok this is weird... I am confident I redid that training last weekend and it wasn't "in the forest". I guess it might be a glitch then for some people.

I'm surprised I didn't have it...

Windows 10-64bits, i7-8700k, GTX 1080Ti, 32 Gb RAM, MSI Monitor 32in 165Hz.

Mirage 2000C, F5-E, Mig21bis, A10-C, FC3, F-18, AV-8B N/A, F-14, F-16, SuperCarrier

I had to open the mission in the ME and adjust the altitude of that gate by 100-200 meters (can’t remember exactly now).

Save it and it works. It would work now if we were flying on the back of Tinkerbell, but as it is...:cry: