deferred shading has gone

firefox121

My deferred shading line has gone after the last beta update.

Now I can't check - uncheck it because is not showing

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

From the change log

Deferred Shading render locked in the game and can not be turned off. DCS ceased support of old graphic render without Deferred Shading.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

Is performance improved in VR with it on though? Just thinking about those playing in VR with less powerful systems?

DS is very taxing in VR, extremely so if you pair it with any level of MSAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

DS is very taxing in VR, extremely so if you pair it with any level of MSAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats what I mean, many VR users didnt use Defered shading for that very reason, as in VR no MSSA looks horrible.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

With DS on i have less 20 FPS not using VR. :(

attachment.php?attachmentid=183263&stc=1&d=1524754887

Must say though, only flew around Vegas with a few ground targets, but in VR it seemed smoother than it ever has been even when looking to the side (no ghosting).

Always forget what a fantastic experience jets are in VR over Vegas! Haven't checked to see if large bombings still cause huge fps drops in the Viggen yet, but credit where its due, things seem to be improving. Not sure why they would remove the option though. I guess it just makes things easier for them to focus all their efforts on one mode if that's the right word.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

To be honest Caucasus map has major problems now in VR. Trees look gnarly, lighting is just broken from a certain height (honestly it is like a shimmering square grid of graphical corruption) and rivers and lakes are shimmering in a terrible manner that is really hard to look at. Clouds are just popping in and out as well. Honestly I've never seen the game look as bad as it does in VR at the moment. Wonder if I am doing something wrong but I deleted all the metashaders and FXO folders.

I'm guessing this shimmering all boils down to lighting and reflections as well. I hope the devs have a fix up their sleeves because if not then rather than only allowing us to use DS, I have to wonder if it might not be better that they do away with DS all together. Or at least think twice about removing the option. Dont know why they would remove such an option when DS is having so many problems.

Anyone else finding the same? Load up Viggen rocket attack instant action mission to see what I mean and maybe tell me if its just me? Bombings in the Viggen still seem to flash(large FPS drops) in the VIVE too.

Thankfully I mostly fly helicopters and low down the game still looks great and performance is really good too. But up high in a jet in VR yikes!

------------