And while you are waiting for BS

Track IR

I just perchased TrackIR Pro 4, about a month ago, and I'll never go without again, it improves your situational awareness, and gives you a true feeling of flying.

My only issue with it is the high price I paid, which was well worth it, but my TrackIR suddenly stopped working couple of days ago, so I've sent it back and will get a replacement shortly.

I cant play without it anymore, and anxiously await its return.

It really looks to me like there are actually some flyable Choppers in this one...

Is that true or am I imaginating things again...:smilewink:

~S~

Blaze

The choppers are pretty decent. The only issue I have, is ArmA seems to only notice 1 controller, so I couldnt use my rudder pedals for yaw.

Still need to figure that one out.

Cool. You'll like it alot. JUust give it a week to get used to, but by then, it will become as natural as a joystick.

One piece of advice. You shouldn't try to contionousally try to move your head to try to look arround. Instead, pretend to "look arround' as if you were actually in the cockpit. this really helped me out alot. Again, it takes practice, but it will eventually become natural.

I am sitting at work right now, and I can't stop thinking about the device that is hopefully on the way towards my post box right now :)

Concerning the head movement: I'm sure that in the beginning I will be sitting like a frozen duck in my chair, trying hard not to move too much. But I'm sure it will get better after some hours or days. One thing's for certain; I'm not going to give up on the device if I get dizzy or find it difficult to adapt to using it.

I want to get away, I wanna fly away.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

- Lenny Kravitz - Fly Away

Top up your $20, and order Armed Assault here TIR in a FPS is awesome, and the game is excellent.

It's funny that you should mention this game right now, because I just sent an email to a friend of mine regarding Armed Assault. He was a huge fan of Operation Flashpoint (OPF) when it came out, and I just sent him a link to the review of Armed Assault that I saw on www.simhq.com today. On the www.computerandvideogames.com it received a 8.4 score out of a possible 10, and that is very good indeed.

I really would like to try the game out myself, but I'm afraid my PC is too old. I only have an AMD xp2400+ with an AGP Radeon 9800 Pro with 128MB memory. That means I am not even able to play LOMAC with max graphics.

I tried Ghost Recon a few years back, and absolutely loved it. I know that Armed Assault is a bit more hardcore, but I still believe that the two games share some qualities, like for example, sneaking around unseen in the outside wilderness, trying not to be seen by the enemy, but definitely trying to spot him. The suspense in Ghost Recon was excellent.

What is multiplayer mode like in Armed Assault? I would like to think that it is an awesome experience to sneak around with a friend or two.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

No problem here with rudder. im using all tm gear.

I have a MOMO steering wheel with pedals. I wonder if I could use those as rudders. If so, I will now have Joystick, Throttle, Rudder and TrackIR. It could be quite an experience flying with all those devices activated :pilotfly:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

The choppers are pretty decent. The only issue I have, is ArmA seems to only notice 1 controller, so I couldnt use my rudder pedals for yaw.

Still need to figure that one out.

Ok ... Cool I think that I'll give it a try.. I dont think that I'll have any controller issues, as my rudder plugs into my joystick...

Thanks for the tip ..

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

YES!! I ordered my TrackIR4 from eDimensional since they ship from the UK, which is much closer to Norway. The package would reach me within 1-3 working days. Perfect.

I received an e-mail with a link to a fedex package tracking site, where I could follow it's trip across the North Sea. Wonderful. Now, I just wonder where in the UK is RIVIERA BEACH, FL located. Hmm...

The package was dispatched from the US after all, and is currently lying in some post office in Paris, France. Boohoooo!! I will probably not get it until the Easter holiday which starts on Wednesday next week. Well, I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe that will help :doh:

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

YES!! I ordered my TrackIR4 from eDimensional since they ship from the UK, which is much closer to Norway. The package would reach me within 1-3 working days. Perfect.

I received an e-mail with a link to a fedex package tracking site, where I could follow it's trip across the North Sea. Wonderful. Now, I just wonder where in the UK is RIVIERA BEACH, FL located. Hmm...

The package was dispatched from the US after all, and is currently lying in some post office in Paris, France. Boohoooo!! I will probably not get it until the Easter holiday which starts on Wednesday next week. Well, I'm crossing my fingers. Maybe that will help :doh:

I think it must have been out of stock at the UK outlet :) .

I got both my TrackIR 3 and later TrackIR 4 from EDimensional as well - they were shipped from the UK and arrived only 2 days later!(actually just as fast as mail within DK).

JJ