SST software

I dont think there is any... sorry. If your haveing too much trouble with Vista, downgrade to XP.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

right now, today- it's not exactly a downgrade...:D

true, it's almost an upgrade.

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

How's he going to be able to install XP.. HUH?? You can't buy XP anywhere and his laptop came with Vista installed..

Maybe he might be able to get it installed through a builder somewhere, but that's illegal isn't it ..

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

you can uninstall the operation system and then re-install XP. Just make sure you back everything that you want on disk. Or, you can have two operationg systems installed, or, you can have XP running within Vista as whats called (I think) a "virtual machine."

I "could" buy Xp, but theres no point in it. Ive allready forked out damn near 2k for this laptop and all the accessories that came with it...Im not spending another 500 bucks for 2 OS's just to lose one when I upgrade back to vista.

You upgrade to Vista you lose your Xp license. I wont deal with that until Microsoft rescinds that order. You know...if I didnt need a laptop so desparately for college I would have just built my own rig and had Xp pro Corp on it instead.

Ok, sorry, I was just trying to help.

you can uninstall the operation system and then re-install XP. Just make sure you back everything that you want on disk. Or, you can have two operationg systems installed, or, you can have XP running within Vista as whats called (I think) a "virtual machine."

Or its called a dual boot....

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

There is a fix for SST and vista now. I use it sucessfully.

Download d3drm.dll and place it in your C:\Windows\System32 catalog and then install joydrivers followed by your identical SST Programming 32bit XP drivers

http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-.../download.html

PS. don't use the vista drivers for the stick but re-install the XP drivers, otherwise it will not work.

• Like 1

Ill test it out momentarily. Guess its a good time to point out that I dont see a system32 folder in Vista...

Edit: Ok. I managed to find system32 by typing it in the address bar in IE. Inserted it, installed Xp drivers AND SST software, didnt work. Reinstalled Vista drivers but kept the .dll in the system32 and the SST software untouched. It works, you got rep inbound. :thumbup:

Indeed this has been a good night. Finally got Walmis' Eagle to display ALL of the textures and his weapons pack to recognize all the skins. This is a secured victory over my fight with Vista.

Have you saved the .pr0 files as well as the .dat files from previous pc?

I had the same issue, but just copied in the .pr0 files too and eveything worked fine. I seems like there is some issue with SST to profile the .dat files sometimes.

The editor would load the profile but it wouldnt really do anything. The I button would just sit there and blink at me. And yeah I created a keymap and made it a profile and they are both stored in the same folder. Ill post a screenshot of that if you need it.

I see that you have the pro version. Are you sure that the profile you have downloaded is for the pro. What I have heard the pro cannot use the standard profile stright off, but need to be modified. It seems like this profile issue is something just for the pro owners. The standard x52 works fine. In worst case you can try re-doing the profile. Just print it out before starting. It's hard, but better than nothing.

Sorry, my bad, it's Kaos.dll that has the pro.

I used the XP drivers to get it working. But you could not get the SST working with XP and used the vista drivers? Hmmm.

Still think you should do a new test installing the old xp drivers.

reboot and then try again.