Joystick and throttel button mapping

DarkStar79

Let me check:

TDC down: .

TDC left: ,

TDC right: /

TDC up: ;

And yeah of all the things I expected to go wrong this wasn't one of them.

It's just such a pain to make temporary settings, get completely used to them and then have to change them later. And the stupid part is that TDC mouse controls are there, just no axis commands that u can bind on a joystick.

I am just wondering what the price for the Thrustmaster FA-18c Flight stick is going to be. Just a ballpark range. Maybe I should hold off a bit from plans to buy the TM warthog flightstick for the DCS Hornet.

I'm guessing 250.00

Let me check:

TDC down: .

TDC left: ,

TDC right: /

TDC up: ;

And yeah of all the things I expected to go wrong this wasn't one of them.

It's just such a pain to make temporary settings, get completely used to them and then have to change them later. And the stupid part is that TDC mouse controls are there, just no axis commands that u can bind on a joystick.

Thank you for checking that for me.

So for x55 users, the profile I have set up for x55 mouse nipple TDC axis in my user files section linked below in my Sig will work for F-18C.

For you Warthog HOTAS users, I will download the Thrustmaster TARGET software as soon as I get home from work and attempt to create you guys a profile from scratch, no promises though as I do not have the Thrustmaster Throttle.

Link to my userfiles

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=itsavendetta&set_filter=Y&PAGEN_1=3

Kind of pathetic that they release without something as essential as a TDC axis bind...

ED, why you do this :no_sad: ....:megalol:

Specs: i7 7700K delid @ 4.8GHZ, MSI Gaming X GTX1080, ASUS Strix Z270G, 32GB Corsair LPX @ 3000MHz, Noctua NH-U12S, EVGA 750 P2, Fractal Define Mini C

Hardware: Thrustmaster Warthog, TrackIR 5, MFG Crosswinds(4757) , Custom Helicopter Collective

www.deltasimelectronics.com

So for x55 users, the profile I have set up for x55 mouse nipple TDC axis in my user files section linked below in my Sig will work for F-18C.

]

Thanks for doing that will save time when I get home from work!

Have you fully mapped the F18 and X55 or just the TDC axis?

Sorry for the real basic question but how can I edit the PDF file to add my own labels? I have Adobe Acrobat but this looks like an image file in the PDF. Do I need to add Forms or do something to the PDF so that I can type in text to the boxes?

if you have MS Word/Open Office you can use the TMWH manual. open the manual with Word or Open Office and use the pics in the manual to make templates

im sure you can even do the same with the x52, rhino, or whatever you JS is.

Asus x99, i7 5930k, 32g mem, MSI 1070GTX, 970 Samsung M.2, LG 35in Ultra-Wide, TrackIR 4

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am just wondering what the price for the Thrustmaster FA-18c Flight stick is going to be. Just a ballpark range. Maybe I should hold off a bit from plans to buy the TM warthog flightstick for the DCS Hornet.

Given we've not heard any additional details, I'd personally pickup the Warthog now, and get the Hornet stick when released.

The stick used on the WH is more universal, in that it has more buttons and an additional hat switch, and there's volumes of profiles out there already using it's button layout.

Don't get me wrong, I'll pick up the hornet stick myself when it's released, but fame a pure functionality perspective, the F-16 style stick handle is arguably the "better" option. Having both at hand would be the truly best option though :)

I know everyone is bummed over this...but remember this is an early release. Take the time to become overly familiar with the aircraft. It's coming. Just be patient. And yes, I am the pot calling the kettle black. I've waited a long time for this. lol

i7-8086k CPU @4.00GHz

Mem: 32GB

EVGA 1080ti

SSD - 500 GB X 3

HDD - 1 TB