Fuel Bug

BrackishWater

Forgive me if this has been posted already. Okay, so I took a flight of 4 F-15's. I setup my 3 wingmen to have 1, 2, and 3 fuel tanks respectively to see who'd run out of gas first. I'd assumed that the guy with 1 fuel tank would bail out first. However, all 3 wingmen reported low fuel and bugged out at the exact same time. So what gives? How hard would it have been to program the AI planes to utilize fuel tanks?! Is there a workaround or trick to making the wingmen use fuel tanks?

New Patches?

Is anyone actively developing anything for Lock On at the moment? I'd love to see the bugs ironed out one day. It just sucks that this sim is so great and realistic yet i can't even take my wingmen out on a mission and back home because they run out of fuel they are SUPPOSED to have.

• 2 weeks later...

In-flight refueling

Well if I have 3 wingmen, then you mean make 3 tankers available? That is, assuming they won't crash into each other while they fight over who's tanker is who's. Not to mention if everything goes as planned, it costs me about 20-30 minutes. When I all I really need is for them to correctly use fuel. These are some basic bugs you'd think would be worked out by now. No, the reality is that they don't always make it home. But therein lies another problem. Once they are low enough on fuel, they head for home anyway and leave me to die in battle.

Is anyone actively developing anything for Lock On at the moment? I'd love to see the bugs ironed out one day. It just sucks that this sim is so great and realistic yet i can't even take my wingmen out on a mission and back home because they run out of fuel they are SUPPOSED to have.

The chances of these things being worked out in BS aren't that great.. BS is a AtG Heli sim and developers might not work on fast movers on this one..

These type bugs should be sorted out the next stand alone, at least thats what the developers have said..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 1 month later...

Refueling

They will all refuel from the same tanker...its not THAT inefficient you know.

Having to refuel when I shouldn't have to is inefficient. So I'd like them to refuel as fast as possible. Not to mention the AI aircraft will likely run into each other and die trying to figure out who's going to refuel first. And even if they do make it through the mission they will likely kill each other on the landing approach. The odds of taking 4 planes out and them all coming home is pretty slim if you ask me.