How many monitors does DCS support

G’day the DCS community

Always been a fan of the hornet and I can’t wait to get amongst the action online. My brother was a pilot in the RAAF some time ago and I had the opportunity to experience the hornet simulator at Williamtown on a number of occasions. This simulator comprised of the cockpit and a 360 degree geodesic dome. Obviously the immersion factor was high, with the peripheral vision fully emcompassed. My question to the forum, is whether this is possible with DCS? Is it possible to run, say, six to eight projectors to display the outside terrain in a partial or full dome?

Thanks in advance

Craig

I don't see why it is not possible simpits quite often have 3 upperscreens and 3 to 4 lower, hate to think what computer you will need though..

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
G’day the DCS community

Always been a fan of the hornet and I can’t wait to get amongst the action online. My brother was a pilot in the RAAF some time ago and I had the opportunity to experience the hornet simulator at Williamtown on a number of occasions. This simulator comprised of the cockpit and a 360 degree geodesic dome. Obviously the immersion factor was high, with the peripheral vision fully emcompassed. My question to the forum, is whether this is possible with DCS? Is it possible to run, say, six to eight projectors to display the outside terrain in a partial or full dome?

Thanks in advance

Craig

Yuo will possibly run into other limitations rather than the DCS Endgine. For instance I have 2 SLI 980 GTX was hoping to run 2x 8" for MFD, 3x 32" for Surround Screen (5760x10180) and an upper screen to monitor stuff, discord etc... but no cannt do this with the setup- limiation from Nvidia apparently....unless I missed something.:book:

It can be done in DCS but the performance will be abysmal.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: