Track IR problem : Can't use the Z axis for the zoom

Hi all !

I'm experiencing a problem in at least 2 aircrafts (F5E and AV8B)

I'm used to bind the Z axis of my track IR to zoom in and out

Sometimes, the bindings go crazy for my track IR and I have to delete the trackir config file to get things cleaned up and rebind my Z axis to the zoom.

But this time, this doesn't work ... Even if I delete the track IR config file in saved games, when I rebind the Z axis to the zoom, the Z axis still acts as the lean forward backwards command, and not the zoom ...

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi all !

I'm experiencing a problem in at least 2 aircrafts (F5E and AV8B)

I'm used to bind the Z axis of my track IR to zoom in and out

Sometimes, the bindings go crazy for my track IR and I have to delete the trackir config file to get things cleaned up and rebind my Z axis to the zoom.

But this time, this doesn't work ... Even if I delete the track IR config file in saved games, when I rebind the Z axis to the zoom, the Z axis still acts as the lean forward backwards command, and not the zoom ...

to completely cleanup trackir profiles you have to go do appdata folder which is hidden by default and delete it completely.

As for binding zoom in and out you are not supposed to use trackir Z axis, but rather bind a button on your throttle or joystick and bind "slow zoom in-out".

z-axis on track is already binded by default in DCS , it is supposed for zooming purpose inside the cockpit or to get closer to the HUD, it's not suppoed to be bind for max zooming .

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Thank you for the answer ^^

Is the appdata folder in the saves games folder or in the installation directory ?

I know the default binding, but it worked fine since the beginning I started to play DCS, and now I have this probelm showing just since 2 updates ... I just had to rebind the Z axis to the zoom and there was no rpoblems at all ...

"Clear to startup ... Contact ..."

Geoffrey Wellum - First Light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I reported this same problem but have not found a solution:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=217881

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie: