Oculus release

spike2450

Thanks...

I used to be able to run DCS without Oculus Home opening, now with the new version it's back to opening automatically when I click on DCS. I'm trying to remember what I did to prevent it from opening.

Also is this new Oculus version any better at opening DCS from its library, the older version wasn't able to?

You cannot stop Home from opening any longer, at least currently.

No, it still will not launch DCS from the Library - only game I have that will not launch from Oculus Library.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You cannot stop Home from opening any longer, at least currently.

No, it still will not launch DCS from the Library - only game I have that will not launch from Oculus Library.

To refresh my memory, did there used to be a check box in Oculus that allowed for the Oculus Home to stay closed when we would click on DCS?

To refresh my memory, did there used to be a check box in Oculus that allowed for the Oculus Home to stay closed when we would click on DCS?

No, folks stopped it from launching by setting the Oculus Client to " Run as Administrator".

Then it would not automatically launch when putting headset on.

That does not work any longer in 1.31 Rift Core 2.0. There will be no display in the Rift.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No, folks stopped it from launching by setting the Oculus Client to " Run as Administrator".

Then it would not automatically launch when putting headset on.

That does not work any longer in 1.31 Rift Core 2.0. There will be no display in the Rift.

Yes I see I need to first open Oculus then open DCS, it seems Oculus is not auto opening and thus no display in the Rift without first opening Oculus.

Yes I see I need to first open Oculus then open DCS, it seems Oculus is not auto opening and thus no display in the Rift without first opening Oculus.

If you had your Oculus client set to "run as administrator", you can remove the check for that and it should then auto launch when you put the headset on. Or if you prefer launching it yourself then leave as is.

Don B

If you had your Oculus client set to "run as administrator", you can remove the check for that and it should then auto launch when you put the headset on. Or if you prefer launching it yourself then leave as is.

Thanks...Yes by removing the check in run as admin. Oculus now auto loads. There is an interesting app I installed from one of the forum contributors here call DCS Configuration Manager. It installs 2 shortcuts to DCS, 1 to run DCS without VR and Oculus [good for testing] and the 2nd shortcut runs DCS in VR and Oculus. It can also save the DCS options for both shortcuts individually as you would probably have different graphic options for VR and non-VR set-ups.

Also I think because you like me run DCS most of the time in single player we experience a very smooth non-jittery flight but I like every now and then to find someone to fly with in MP.

Edited by fitness88