Rockets accuracy?

Fred00

I have a bit of a hard time with rockets. I run the instant action mission AG guns and rockets, and choose CCIP, but I have a very hard time hitting anything consistently. It seems that the rockets do not land where the pipper is at. They are either too high or low or too far left or right. It seems a bit hit or miss. Have I missed some essential setting or is this just realistic behavior? As it is, I think it's easier to take out some ground units with the F-86F and some HVARs...

There not that accurate, they even developed laser guided one's because of this. You wouldn't use rockets for danger close firing, well that's what some Apache pilots were saying in the books I've read.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Okay, it's not just my bad skills then. :) Strange though that the F-86F rockets are easier to consistently pin-point on target (after some experimentation with depression angle). Maybe they are not as realistically modelled as the rockets for the F-18?

Usually in weapons delivery manuals for various platforms you will find there is a Circular Error Probable (CEP) for a given range which will tell you in the absence of a failure the weapon will impact within a circle of the given size based on an aiming mark compensating for things like wind. Anything larger than this could be operator error.

I'd suggest either trying to load or unload the wings with slight forward or back pressure and see what effect that has on placement, and also be aware a rocket from your right wing will likely impact right of the pipper. I'm not saying I'm great with rockets either, they just do as well as I expect them to, sometimes the target is dead, sometimes he's really annoyed at me.

Here is a good example of the rockets being fired lol.

Close.... bit embarrassing really....:cry:

or at 2:37 on the video below.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

hydras are useless, common across every platform that carries them. it does however seem to me that zunis are VERY accurate, you can reliably bop a tank on the head with them straight up from their max indicated deployment range.

use zunis instead. the eastern rockets (S-5/8/13/24 are also really good)