New install Vs copying files

Fonz_408

Hey All,

So im new to DCS and after abit of info of what to do with my install on my new PC, ive DCS installed on my old laptop and F18 mod installed.. what is the best way to install it on my fresh machine.. and is there a way to run the installer without re-downloading again? I've also heard i need to uninstall the F18 mod.. and reinstall on new machine?

Cheers Fonz

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

Yes , you need to deactivate all purchased modules in the DCS module manager , download DCS World to the new computer , log in using your existing info , at which time your purchased modules will show available in the new installation's module manager for download . You may wish to consider transferring control bindings , logbook , missions etc via usb stick .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2