PROBLEMS WITH WIN 10

SPOKEY

I switched to WIN 10 and I have been seeing a lot of CDT" Is anyone else seeing the same problem? Also I uploaded several missions from user files. Some times they and again I get CDT"

Should I go back to WIN 7 64. Seams it was extreamly stable?

I had to right click on my folders and make the permissions change to "Everyone" and give it full control. I did this for all my dcs folders and all my track ir folders to get things to work right and save correctly.

Also check the versions of your missions, make sure they will run in 2.5x

Hope this helps

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Win 10 should do the work just fine. Did you update from Win 7 or was it a clean install?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Personaly I have had very few issues with windows 10 during the years.

( except for the first 5 month when it was released ).

I use my computer everyday for gaming/internet and so on for many houres, and its pretty much rock solid..

By the way windows 7 is now outdated and a security risk since they no longer release updates for it/hotfixes..

But windows 7 was a very nice operating system.

-tip..: if you need a windows 10 key, then you can online buy a cheap windows 10 64bit for for like 7 usd, compared to fysical stores that want like 150usd.

Be very aware if the key is locked to work in your Region of the world... ( example work in europe or usa, or asia ect )

And be aware if its an OEM key ( it can only be used on 1 computer locked ot your hardware) or if its a key you can install on 1 computer again and again.

But anyway 7 usd for a key is cheap so i guess you survive ;-)

https://www.allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-windows-10-home-cd-key-compare-prices/

Regarding DCS that is the only game that CTD for me, and its kind of rare.

I play in VR, and if i leave a server and return to it then sometimes it can crash, or the game crash in the main menu. But it rare it happen.

Regarding the +100 other games i have then it cant remember when i had a CTD last time. So its very long ago.

In my humble oppition its not good to Upgrade directly from windows 7 64 bit to windows 10 64 bit via the upgrade option.

The very best will be to make a 100% fresh install of windows formatting your computer and installing everything new.

NOTE!!!!!! remember to unregister your dcs keys before you format your computer.... and be prepared to download the +60gb DCS game again.

Edited by delevero

I remember this like half year back when i had to go for win 10 because of VR. I had it too very stable and fast on win 7 (without VR use - that was very unstable). Nevertheless - Make sure that you have Paging file (16 GB if you have 16GB ram). This one helped me most, but anyway, it was disaster - but most of the problems were with VR use. For regular monitor use, I was fine with the page file settings.

I have upgraded my pc a lot since then and I am ok now.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S