Cannot hear WAV file in Editor or mission

ouseler

I am building my own mission and have been watching many you tube videos on how to use DCS Mission Editor.

I have ran into a road block with a sample WAV file that I am using to test the mission. When I added it to Triggers screen, I can open and select the file from its location on the drive. However, when I go to play it in the editor, I see the scroll bar move and the time run, but I hear nothing.

Note: At mission start, Flag 1 is turned ON. A Once Trigger is used with a condition to turn trigger after 30 sec past mission start. The actions are to send a message to the group (***TEST***) and to send a Sound to the group (sample WAV file). The ***TEST*** appears as programmed, but I do not hear the WAV file.

I looked on this forum and it was suggested that the WAV file be in the SAVED GAMES folder. I put it in the folder and then selected the file in that location from the editor. I still cannot hear it in the editor or mission. However, when I play it on Adobe Audition or the built-in windows player, it plays fine.

I then delayed the timing in the mission ( it is a ramp briefingWAV) thinking that the radios had to be ON and set to the right frequency so I could hear. Still nothing.

Does anyone know the solution?

• Thanks 1

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

Converting to OGG worked. Thanks so much for your help.

System Specs:

AMD 5950X (liquid-cooled), Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Pro Motherboard, 32 GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung Evo 970 Plus 2 TB, Seagate 2TB SSD, Geforce RTX 4080 GPU, Rosewill Glacier 1000W Power Supply, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS (Stick, Throttle), Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals, NaturalPoint TrackIR 5 w/ProClip, (1) Vizio 40" 4K Monitor, TPLink Dual Band Wireless Card, Window 11 OS

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the advice - just tried adding some .wav sound files as radio messages and I'm sure they played the first time in the editor, but haven't since.  Converted to .ogg & they work fine now.  

Just need to work on the volume though - they're a little quiet....

22 hours ago, HedgeSlammer said:

Thanks for the advice - just tried adding some .wav sound files as radio messages and I'm sure they played the first time in the editor, but haven't since.  Converted to .ogg & they work fine now.  

Just need to work on the volume though - they're a little quiet....

Get audacity ( version 2.4 or lower) to edit the audio file

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

19 hours ago, HC_Official said:

Get audacity ( version 2.4 or lower) to edit the audio file

thanks for the advice - I've used a few (free) editors to record & convert the files - not something I've really done before, but I now know that some can't save in .ogg format, and others are just a bit baffling, but Audacity worked really well.  What's the reason for using 2.4 or lower?

16 minutes ago, HedgeSlammer said:

but Audacity worked really well.  What's the reason for using 2.4 or lower?

Some dodgy Russians bought the company  and added "telemetry" to the program where it phones home to the motherland ..............

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.