Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC ×
Forum Maintenance between 04:00 - 06:00 UTC

INS Alignment Issues

JG-1_Vogel

Greetings!

So I recently got the Harrier and I have to say it's a great module. Been learning all the various systems and getting to grips with her finally.

However, I've noticed online I'm running into some issues with the INS. I start the jet up as usual, go to the left MFCD and click the OSB for data on the HSI/map display. Input lat/long coordinates in the usual manner and then the elevation. Switch the INS from off to ground align and where the timer would start from 00:00 and count upwards it appears to be stuck.

Namely, at the point where it would count up to 00:01... 00:02 etc on the tick glitched numbers appear briefly offset to the left of it and the INS doesn't align no matter how long you wait. I tested this by just chilling for several minutes watching fellow pilots do their thing but even after almost 10 minutes the fix was still not done.

Anyone else been having issues like this? Or am I doing something wrong? It also happens occasionally on the sea INS option too but not as frequent.

Did you do magnetic deviation?

INS ground align needs LAT/LONG, Mag Var. and HDG. Elevation is not required.

INS Sea only needs the Ground Power on. An extra cable is attached, put her into SEA align and wait.

Manually enter in waypoints while aligning is ok, but messing with TCN or AWLS during align will give you gremlins.

Gigabyte Tech. 990FXA-UD3, AMD FX-8350 8 Core, 16 Gig RAM @ 2200 Mhz, Radeon X480, Oculus Rift

You shouldn't need magnetic deviation, but in Razbam Harrier you do.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Exactly same problem for me, countdown is glitched and looks like unending 0000000000 zeros, it's impossible to complete INS allignment. Sometimes it works, but out of 5 tries it worked only once, so I choose option "Always aligned" in settings.

Exactly this, it's like a very brief flicker of 0000000000 to the left side of the timer before going back to 00:00.

this has been an issue for a while. if you go into the game settings, then select the AV8B you can change the alignment settings to pre-aligned. then go through the MFCD to DATA, A/C. then switch the INS switch to Align and you should be good to go. i believe those are the steps.... if need be i can get more detailed if that isnt enough?

The only time I have encounter that problem ( many zeros flashing) is when I do not enter the appropriate information on the INS. If you guys want to go through the process of aligning the INS and if you guys load a track showing the problem, maybe we can tell what you missing to try to help.

One of the thing that I seen confuse people on the past is the Magnetic variation. Let use Anapa as an example

If you start ins Anapa, the variation should be 7.31E (link here) To enter that you press the MVAR button, the 6 (for East) then 7.31 and enter.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..