stuttering, frame drop, micro stutter, micro freeze

fastfed

Hard to believe

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

:megalol:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Gotten sudden stuttering as well, worked flawlessly two weeks ago. Worked fine for months, the occasional dip or load, but not like this.

After 10-15 minutes the game starts to stutter. I can even speed up the game and it will stutter at roughly 15 minutes of in-game time. It is a populated mission I've made myself and never had an issue. So I thought I'd just drop the aircraft roughly in the area the stutter start after the alloted in-game time to see what happens.

Nothing. It's smooth as ever as when I start the mission.

F/A-18 and the Gulf.

A mission with just the player aircraft runs smooth of course.

Specs: I7-6700k @ 4 ghz, 16 gb RAM @ 2133 mhz, Asus Z270i MB, Geforce 1070, mechanical HDD.

Even lowering my graphics settings to the absolutelowest does nothing. I've disconnected my internet, only having mouse and keyboard attached and start the mission with player jet AI controlled instead, and everytime I've the same results. I've even rolled back to a restore point from March 21, and reinstalled DCS. Tried different Nvidia drivers. No change.

Other games, like Arma 3, Assassins Creed Odyssey, heavily modded Skyrim, Ghost Recon Wildlands, no problem whatsoever.

Have ordered 32 gig of RAM @ 2666 mhz and an SSD. I'm having doubts it'll do anything but...I'll see.

I am pretty confident you will love it once plugged in.

You wouldnt be the first one that would then defend the SSD with a gun :D

32GB does help too, in many missions and MP.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

• 1 month later...
I deactivated Intel turbo boost in the bios! Now its working very well!

what CPU ? 5th gen 5xxx ?

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Let's do a recap and preview:

I'm preparing a video on another possibility to some of the stuttering people are reporting. Versus the "terrain texture streaming" where parts of the terrain components need to be loaded in order for the engine to execute. Streaming means that if an asset isn't available(in RAM, or VRAM, where it needs to be) then it will be streamed in live without the engine execution being interrupted at all, without any FPS drops, this is not the case with DCS fully unfortunately, terrain streaming wasn't (isn't?) properly/fully implemented IMO, it may not be down to the textures thememselfs as the tests I was doing shown improvement with other assets as well, it may be that the I/O inside DCS can't keep up or that terrain is broken up into so many small parts that the dynamic streaming engine coughs, so moreover there's other components of a terrain like objects (buildings, infrastructure), roads, rastercharts(MAP), etc. However that was some time ago and the terrain engine and other components could have been updated as well as the official move away from HDDs to SSDs per standard, the high response rate and read speeds of SSDs easily power through and almost take care of this issue. Still proper streaming should not have any stutter at all, it's not a video, if you don't have an asset it's suppose to fallback to either no asset at all, temporary "missing" asset (single color gray texture for example), or progressive quality (but that's a big deal and probably would need asset conversion, or at least models if not textures), so then you would clearly see when YOU are not meeting minimum requirements if you are doing something in the game that requires a lot more than your hardware can handle, you would be flying through half textured space, then it be more transparent and down to the customer to decide if he wants to play throgh half empty space or upgrade the computer.

So the other thing is about physics and AI, which I'll show soon, it's not surprising, it may not actually be the same thing you guys are seeing, but it's good to note, at least were in the process of troubleshooting, figuring out and ruling things out.

The issues someone individually is experiencing are the hardware/software configuration type ones and there's probably different culprits behind them that all produce similar efect, leading to stuttering, but are not

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria