Saving a radio channel

Alligin

Hi

Is there a way to save let’s say channel 1 as the default for the Stennis? (127.5)

At the moment I’m flying mostly off carriers trying to improve my landings

Thanks

you can do that in the mission editor. Select the hornet you want to edit, go to the radio TAB and change channel 1 to 127.5

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Being old, lazy and a creature of habit, I find it convenient to have the same channel freqs assigned to the same entities in every mission, i.e. AWACS is always Com2 Ch 2 125 Mhz, flight is always Com1 CH 1 230 mhz, Departure tower is Com 2 CH 1 freq varies, etc. To facilitate this I have a standard .lua doc of channel listings for each map that I paste into my missions files using WinRAR. Pretty easy and saves time. Example attached.

Each individual mission must be modified. Each aircraft in a mission capable of radio channel presets has a section in the mission file listing its current (default) presets. Open the mission.miz file in a zip program, then the "mission" file in Notepad++. Search for "channels" then paste over the ones listed. Save the modified mission.miz file.