Maybe a bug (not a bug)

scampaboy

I’m not sure if it’s real behaviour or I was doing something wrong but I couldn’t get the engine RPM to drop below 10000 rpm it would only drop when I fiddled with the afterburner on off and the military power one.

To add I was in a dive as I was approaching an airfield.

I’ve only flown the plane once so maybe it was user error I kind of “winged” the start up

Edited by scampaboy
Added more info

I think it's just the engines having higher idle rpm at high speed. The air is pushing so they keep turning.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I thought it could that but I’ve not had that in any aircraft in dcs, I pulled into level flight and the speed held at 800 km/ч it wouldn’t slow down unless I deployed air brakes. I’ll make a track this evening and add it to this post

I can confirm this RPM hang issues.

Cruising low alt with throttle just below MIL light illumination, pulling the throttles to 0 has little to no effect.

If I pull G’s and bleed off speed the RPM will start to drop slowly (throttles still at 0), but it never drops to idle.

The effect is as if the ram air from the current airspeed is keeping the engine RPM from dropping.

Like in a manual car when you take the foot off the gas at speed without depressing the clutch pedal. The engine won’t return to idle. I have not seen this behavior in any other module.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not seen this behavior in any other module.

It is there, but not as pronounced.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

So it is a bug then

Hard to say as I don't own the module and you haven't posted a video.

The module I'm most familiar with that exhibits behaviour similar to your description, would be the L-39, in that case the fuel control increases flight idle RPM at higher altitudes.

L-39 AI-25TL example.

HP Rotor idling speed, Pressure Altitude

56%, 0-700m (0-2,300 ft)

60%, 6,000m (20,000 ft)

75%, 10,000m (33,000 ft)

Descending at flight idle in the DCS L-39, I'll see the above +7% (as the above are at 250 km/hr and I'm usually faster).

You'll probably need to find the maintenance manual for the MiG-19's engine to find it's flight idle specifications, before logging a bug report.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080