Reality Blender

ZQuickSilverZ

https://store.steampowered.com/app/844060/Reality_Blender/

RealityBlender will allow you to see your surroundings on a 2D overlay inside your VR headset!

Use camera feeds and Chroma key to blend your surrounding environment into VR and create a mixed reality allowing you to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Perfect for cockpit based games such a space, racing, and flight simulation where VR has greatly increased immersion at the expense of seeing your cockpit and controls.

Purchasing the Image FX DLC will give you access to real time effects including Chroma keying. Using this technique allows you to mask out the background of your cockpit making it transparent in VR unblocking your view of the virtual world while still allowing you to see your hands and controls.

The limit backdrop feature allows you to position a backdrop in virtual space that corresponds to your real world green screen and only show this area in VR making it possible to have an unobstructed 360 degree view in VR without having to completely surround yourself with green screen!

Currently in Early Access Reality Blender is only compatible with games while run in SteamVR/OpenVR mode.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pretty ideal situation with the one example given on how to use the green screen. Going to be hard to implement on things that aren’t flat, like a cockpit with table clamps or stick extension or a Volair. Anything you want to see in VR has to be bordered by green! I’m sure people will come up with clever ideas

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Good Find, and very interesting...

Here's a video of the setup that I found..

https://steamcommunity.com/app/844060/discussions/

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 10 months later...

Yeah this looks cool. But it brings up most of the issues with "collimating" controls. I.e. matching your VR pit to your physical one. Especially problematic if you fly more than one type of plane.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'd also imagine the processing overhead will kill DCS, but thats just conjecture.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).