Afterburner gate.

Airhunter

Question: does anyone use AB gate? Does using the AB gate forbid the use of split-throttle?  Thanks.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

12 hours ago, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Question: does anyone use AB gate? Does using the AB gate forbid the use of split-throttle?  Thanks.

it should work just fine, although IIRC the tomcat has an asymmetric thrust limiter that by default will prevent you from engaging afterburner if the throttles are split.

• Thanks 1

Nope, used some 3d printed lift detents for my Virpil throttle. Not Tomcat accurate but worked fine with a bit of a curve. 

• Thanks 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

it should work just fine, although IIRC the tomcat has an asymmetric thrust limiter that by default will prevent you from engaging afterburner if the throttles are split.

The limiter is only on the B. It doesn’t prevent the burners from lighting, it just keeps the first lit burner in min until the second lights. Presumably you could run one engine in min burner regardless of what the other engine is doing.

The A, on the other hand, has nothing to prevent full AB on one engine while the other is at idle.