F-18 DCS Bios Panel ! WIP !

chouclak

Hi everyone !

Just want to show you the very early progress of my design for my f-18 panel based on DCS Bios and Master / Slave !

All the fault is on Blue73 because of is amazing work ! Now I will have no free time ! Thanks mate !! :lol:

His master work ! : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219982

I take the idea to connect the panel together with DB9 plugs instead of ethernet cable like DCS simpit or other !

Will keep you in touch, I start back left of the cockpit to the right. This is the master box and the ILS / Radio box.

l12pP4d.jpg

ZBIgUIJ.png

d4epGYe.png

Alienware Aurora R8 I7 9700K WC, GeForce 1080 Ti 11Gig, Occulus Rift

Hi Mr Burns, With my project, in keeping with the "modular" design theme each panel/box is self contained with it's own Nano. If a panel has too many controls then I'd need to switch up to a Mega which would require more real-estate. Each Nano has 17pins which can be used for digital I/O, 8 of which for analog.

Nice one, two 3D print threads to make me want a 3D printer!

Has anyone worked out how many Nano slaves you need for each side or do you just plan on using one per panel regardless of filling the Nano up?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ! The project is growing slowly by surely ! I have a question ! Where do you take your 12v input ? If I connect my mega (master) on USB and 12v psu, did the vin pin give me the 12v that I want ?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, At first glance it looks okay.

When you operate a switch on the slave do you see the rx light flash on the master?

When you run the sim do you see tx on the master and rx on the slave continually flash?

Do controls configured directly on the master work?

Do you see any messages in the dcs-bios monitor window?

Have you tried replacing your 487 ICs?

Are you measuring 5V at the 487 supply pin?

Can you respond in a PM or create a new thread? This might turn into a long discussion.

cheers

John

The tx on the master is alway on, the rx on the slave is not always flashing. I did check my soldering but every things seems to be ok. Maybe not...

The light on the slave is flashing and stopping when I play with the wires...

I did change the max 487.

No, I didn't check the input on the 487 pin.

So I start my circuit all over again and I will see ! I love to draw on fusion but the wiring is pain in the a...

Hi,

Can we start with installing and configuring a control directly on your master and see if that works?

Also the master rx should flicker each time a slave control transitions, do you see that on yours?

Your slave rx LED should be lit up constantly as it's receiving everything the master is putting on the bus. If you hold your hand on the master's reset pin the slave rx led should go out.

The tx on the master is alway on, the rx on the slave is not always flashing. I did check my soldering but every things seems to be ok. Maybe not...

The light on the slave is flashing and stopping when I play with the wires...

I did change the max 487.

No, I didn't check the input on the 487 pin.

So I start my circuit all over again and I will see ! I love to draw on fusion but the wiring is pain in the a...

Hi,

Can we start with installing and configuring a control directly on your master and see if that works?

Also the master rx should flicker each time a slave control transitions, do you see that on yours?

Your slave rx LED should be lit up constantly as it's receiving everything the master is putting on the bus. If you hold your hand on the master's reset pin the slave rx led should go out.

Hi !

I'm able to make a simple switch on a mega with the IRQ Serial sketch an everything work

The master TX is on but not the RX even if I push a button or something...

Yes now the RX is alway on an close when I push the reset.

I think my slave is the problem...

I tried with

DcsBios::LED masterCautionLt(0x5400, 0x0200, 13);
and the led on the nano did not light with the master caution

Did I have to put something else ?

/*

The following #define tells DCS-BIOS that this is a RS-485 slave device.

It also sets the address of this slave device. The slave address should be

between 1 and 126 and must be unique among all devices on the same bus.

*/

#define DCSBIOS_RS485_SLAVE 2

/*

The Arduino pin that is connected to the

/RE and DE pins on the RS-485 transceiver.

*/

#define TXENABLE_PIN 2

#include "DcsBios.h"

/* paste code snippets from the reference documentation here */

DcsBios::LED masterCautionLt(0x5400, 0x0200, 13);

void setup() {

DcsBios::setup();

}

void loop() {

DcsBios::loop();

}

Hi, That code looks okay. To remove a potential wrong address issue with the an output can we move that toggle to the slave and test?

I dont understand wath you want to say, English is my second language, sorry

Hi, Just saying while we're testing I'd stick with the toggle by moving it to your slave.

What you're doing should be working, we must be looking at an electrical issue somewhere. Do you have another Nano you can swap in to test?

Can you upload photos of your master and slave so I can see physically who they are connected?

Thanks.