Warthog And No Rudder Pedals

dokken1212

Hi everyone,

I have searched the forum but haven't been able to find a definitive answer to this question, albeit I know it is likely there but can't find it :-)

I am buying a Warthog in the next few days - my concern is there is no twist on the stick for rudder and I don't really want to spend another load of money on flight pedals.

My question is: Am I able to get round this and use some setting/switch on the Warthog for my rudder?

Any help would be hugely appreciated and thank you in advance :-)

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

You could use the incr/decr friction lever on the throttle but it has so many great other uses.

Brakes on the Spitfire, flaps on others. Even zoom for some.

Still, that is the kind of precision you need.

Eat sleep and dream pedals. You will need them.

The taildraggers are tough without pedals. Jets are not so bad.

Win 10 pro 64 bit. Intel i7 4790 4 Ghz running at 4.6. Asus z97 pro wifi main board, 32 gig 2400 ddr3 gold ram, 50 inch 4K UHD and HDR TV for monitor. H80 cpu cooler. 8 other cooling fans in full tower server case. Soundblaster ZX sound card. EVGA 1080 TI FTW3. TM Hotas Wartog. TM T.16000M MFG Crosswinds Pedals. Trackir 5.

"Everyone should fly a Spitfire at least once" John S. Blyth

Do you have any racing pedals? I have seen people use them as rudders. Brake is left rudder, gas is right rudder.

Why not get a cheaper setup so you can afford pedals? I know the pain. I am trying to justify purchasing the warthog as well. Have been searching every where for a great deal but cannot find any place selling for less than $469ish. :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

Hi Everyone - thank you for the kind comments on this post, much appreciated indeed. I now have the Warthog and I usually fly the F18 and as Bipper says it doesn't need too much rudder. I have most of the modules other than the F-14 currently. I have over the months just been buying one a month but have still to learn most of them. Good to know though that I best have rudders for the F-14. I use the hat/POV switch at the top of the throttle (the hat switch on the same side as the china switch) and to be honest it works pretty well. However, that may be because the F18 isnt too demanding with takeoff rudder input!!. Overall, though this seems to work really well and also when I was using my old twist joystick I tended to overcompensate with rudder on takeoff however with the Warthog hat/POV switch I actually find I can put in small, and more precise inputs. So I can only say at this point, with the F18, this works extremely well :-)

Edited by dokken1212

Computer Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

Thermaltake 360 AIO Water Cooler

32GB Corsair Vengeance 3600Mhz RGB RAM

GeForce RTX 2080 Super [ NVIDIA]

512GB Adata M2 NVME (boot drive)

1TB Adata M2 NVME

1TB WD Blue SSD

Corsair RM850x Power Supply

Phanteks Enthoo Evolve Case

Samsung 43" 4K Smart TV (used as monitor)

TRACK IR 5 + Wireless DelanClip Head Tracker

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly: