Beginner’s question: How to activate the gun?

wernst

Sorry, for my beginner’s question. I can’t activate the gun, why?

What I did and what I see:

Switching Master Arm selector to “ARM”

But in the SMS page the status is still “SAFE” not “ARM”.

And, the master mode A/G switch cannot be activated - no green “A/G” lights up.

The SMS page shows 578 on top or the triangle.

What am I missing? I’m afraid it’s a simple but stupid fault.

Is it because you are still on the ground ?

When inflight, master arm on, A/G on, select gun (right column top button on left MFD) and you're ready.

Yes, it is. I tried to setup the gun on the ground.

I thought there must be a simple solution - yes, there is one, a stupid simple solution.

Thanks toutenglisse.

Can't remember if the Hornet requires a first stage trigger. Could be that too. I used the gun yesterday (have a TM Warthog) and noticed I had to go through the first stage trigger before the gun would squirt lead.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, ASUS X570-PLUS, NVidia RTX 2080, 32GB DDR4 @2400MHz, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Corsair H100i cooler, Oculus Rift S.

Can't remember if the Hornet requires a first stage trigger. Could be that too. I used the gun yesterday (have a TM Warthog) and noticed I had to go through the first stage trigger before the gun would squirt lead.
First stage might control gun cam? For sure 2nd stage is the one to map for gun to fire.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf