B1/B52H not dropping bombs?

j-tk

Does anyone have a guide on this or a working mission? Over the past week I have literally tried every bomb type, and every setting including WW2 carpet bombing, but neither will release bombs and or cruise missiles on the bombing point. I did get the ships and cruise missiles working, and thought it was along the same line/ease of use, but sadly no. Thank your 1000 Jesters in advance, Tib.

6D80k38.jpg

Hmm...I was messing around with this yesterday and it worked perfectly! :O

B-52, Ground Attack, then at my IP waypoint did 'Perform Task', 'Bombing', and selected Iron Bombs and All for quantity. Went into Payload and selected all Mk82s, and worked basically fine!

Tuning the attack run is perhaps more of a hassle, but they released fine!

I had them on a route from the east towards the target, at 30k feet, then after passing the IP waypoint they decided to descend automatically to 20k feet and S-turn hard in order to attack from the north.

Next attempt I ticked the box for attack altitude restriction (set it to 30k feet) and also attack direction (lined it up approximately with the ingress route - you point the line towards the direction you're attacking FROM). This time they kept altitude but still randomly turned hard.

In both cases the distance between the waypoint and the bombing mark was <5nm, I'm thinking the distance from IP waypoint to mark needs to be much further, on the order of 10-15 miles.

Think he just means where the attack point is set to and where the aircraft is when assigned. If it is to close the aircraft will need to extend a bit before attacking. If it was far enough away when assigned then the bomber should be able to turn to the target to bomb it.

As always if you are having issues with specific AI behavior it is a good idea to upload at least a demo mission featuring how you've got the AI setup. From there it would be pretty straight forward for someone to have a look at it and possibly figure out what is going on or if it is a bug.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I see. I’ll keep that in mind when I build my mission involving bombers.

On a separate note: I have a section of fighters that split up really far apart when tasked to attack an air drone. You wouldn’t happen to know how to get them to stay together would you?

Todd “Dipstick” Barker

Time to switch to the PG map and rebuild the highway of death as best I can from memory, with a few twists in there, need to have the enemy bombers fire back cruise missiles to simulate scuds. Giver everyone from the Harrier to the F14 a role.

6D80k38.jpg