Mission 7 - Repeated crashing

So far I have been enjoying the campaign, but I have encountered the same problem two times in a row in mission 7.

After having identified the first CLA camp, I radio Ford 01 to drop cluster munitions on this camp. Ford 01 complies and flies towards the camp. However, after Ford 01 says something akin to 'Bombs away' and the cluster bomb separates from the aircraft, the game CTDs. I had this happen twice in a row at exact the same moment.

In recent releases DCS has been rather stable, so at first I was surprised and thought it was coincidental. Yet, after the same crash at the same point in the mission, I am not so sure.

Has anyone anyone else experienced this?

Heard a lot about CTDs with all kinds of cluster bombs lately.

Apparently this is also tied to the latest Nvidia driver, so if you can, try downgrading to an older Nvidia driver or maybe check if the very latest driver fixes the problem as well.

I think the problem is also related to the DCS OpenBeta, so maybe switching to DCS Release might solve it as well. The DCS Updater (either via command line or via a GUI tool) can switch the current installation from OB to Release or the other way around; Skatezilla has some excellent guides on both tools available here on the DCS forum.

Yurgon was correct!

I went back to the Nvidia driver from March 25th (419.67) for my 2080 RTX and then the mission functioned without any trouble.

Hopefully DCS will be fixed to match the newer Nvidia drivers.

Glad it's working now! :)

I read that Nvidia released a hotfix driver today, but this one is only available from somewhere on the Nvidia forum and isn't signed (Windows will complain that it doesn't trust the publisher when trying to install it).

Here's to hoping that a new, official, and signed Nvidia driver will also solve the problem (or that ED will, if there's anything they can do).