MP - Serious issues when players switching on the RIO seat

viper2097

We had yesterday some serious issues while playing together:

P1 occupied the pilot seat in the cat.

P2 occupied the RIO seat in the cat.

P3 occupied an AV8B.

The cat got the Lantirn with four GBU16 and buddy lased for the Harrier.

Everything worked perfect so far and I was P3.

The cat lased for the Harrier and the Harrier dropped all ordnance. P2 had to leave and just left the server. I think Jester was now sitting in the backseat. As the cat still had some GBUs, I occupied the rear seat, so:

P1: Pilot

P2: Left

P3: RIO

I was sitting now in the backseat and nothing worked.

I had no bindings, my mapped HOTAS did just nothing.

I was able to flip the switches with the mouse, but it had no effect.

The Lantirn POD showed me as looking ADL with AA mode, while it was stil showing QDES in A/G for the pilot.

When pushing my Jester button, the Jester menu appeared, showing my Head (moves), with Jester standing there but the Iceman menu.

Attached you can see a screenshot which should say a lot for itself xD.

Trackfile would be available, but has 12mb.

20190501221429_1.thumb.jpg.67e9ad5aa39b787ed412054a8818e685.jpg

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Joining as a RIO midflight is still heavily WIP and should be avoided for now. That's my take on it at least.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Really? That's interesting, because it caused quite a lot of instrument and system syncing issues when I tried it once or twice after the Tomcat got released. Have avoided it since then.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I once had a Rio ctd on me.

He rejoined, causing the wings for sweep forward and lower flaps at M1.2. as the speed was so high I could no longer do anything about them. (Guess I was lucky my wings stayed in place)

Had this all yesterday. Once I got the entering runway crash (handled exception) if I tried to join the aircraft again the following occurred and can be reproduced:

1. HOTAS axis like HCU will refuse to move. (but responded in the assignments)

2. Most bindings of cockpit functions don't work, but didn't list.

3. The cockpit was reset to how jester likes it, dark, oxygen off (freak) and things like altimeter, TACAN, radio's, Datalink all reset.

So unusable post leaving the plane. Which is dire.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

If you ever leave the seat mid-flight and come back in everything will be fked up.

I even lost a LANTIRN joystick even tho pod was on the plane, but most weird one I had was that my binds didn't work and I was actually having pilots binds.

So what I could do is select Guns, flip master arm to on and fire the gun for 20 seconds while my pilot couldn't see anything after I waste all the rounds the pilot can fire the gun normally.

I could also shoot sidewinders and stuff.

Really borked imho, especially if you just fly normally and crash don't even bother joining back.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

same thing here. you can click the switches but has no effect and the radar scope was clear while the area was very hot! this happens when you disconnect and reconnect to the server and also when you press the bind keys the pilot switches moves and by pressing A the menu opens with ICEMAN options while at the center of menu it says it is jester menu! it looks like your pilot while sitting at rio position. this issue only gets right when the pilot respawns the plane.