Problem when joining MP session

blueskunk

Hi

My buddy and I are regularly flying the F14 in home made missions. We are encountering regular issues when joining the mission:

It often happens that I am not spawning into the cockpit as pilot. Instead I just hang in a F2 kind of view over random terrain. Whenever that happens we disonnect/reconnect/restart DCS a few times until it all starts up normally.

We haven't figured out why that is.

Is anyone having any idea/solution?

Cheers.

Is anyone having any idea/solution?

There's some delay as textures load, so I give warning and pause the server (host "pause/break" key) until I and the other player have 'loaded in'.

It's not too bad (lag spike) if spawning cold, but in the air, a new aircraft will often have crashed/be out of control before I'm in control, if I don't pause the server.

There's often the start of a desync, after a re-spawn but these may be due to forgetting to switch to spectators/another aircraft type before re-spawning in another F-14.

For multi-crew, the pilot *must* spawn first, then the RIO requests to join from the lobby and spawns inside Jester/the proxy cockpit before unpausing the server (at which point Jester disappears and the full RIO cockpit loads).

YMMV

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Thanks for the response.

I'm aware that loading times are quite long and we already didn't unpause for that reason. Still the issue happened as descrived above.

Your comment about the pilot being required to spawn first is interesting. We definitely didn't pay attention to that. We'll give that a try on our next session.

Thanks a lot.

it can help, to delay the clients aircraft for a couple of seconds. Simply go into the ME and set the time of the first waypoint 4-5 seconds later than mission start. Now, when you start pilot joins the aircraft, starts the mission by unpausing and will see any other object for 4-5 seconds, while objects load, scripts execute etc. and then jump into the Cockpit. After that have the RIO join... This is mainly to have a safe execution of mission scripts and Moose framework for me, plus the effect, that you can spawn AI on the carrier, occupying the six-pack and players spawn 4-5 seconds later on the remaining slots... ;)

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)