Still recommend?

Donut

If you can live up with the gimbal design in the stick that "clunks" after passing each axis (left to right, up to down) it is good stick. I can't use it longer periods as the sidehat for thumb starts to "hit" my middle finger by its shape at the rear.

If you can live up with the throttle being single axis (not a problem most cases anyways) and have a little "sensitive" mini-stick, it is great throttle.

Both requires you to have a external AC powered USB hub to avoid jittery, works in most cases.

They are not top of the lines, but sturdy and good. And for the features, very hard to get better for the price range under 600€.

I was worried first about the throttle axis throw, as it has fairly slow movement. But once flying with the AV-8B Harrier, I can control the engine power by 0.3-0.5% accuracy without problem. Meaning, I can well control do I fly at 98.5% or 99.3% or 99.8% or 100.2%

Can't really ask more.

If something I would like CH to upgrade, is the 8-bit (USB controller, that is limiting the potentiometers accuracy anyways) and then the gimbal design to have smooth centering.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

... the throttle had a full range of travel physically, but would only register between 10% and 90% in Windows and the CH software calibration.

Why is need do calibration through Manager.

CH (CTS HP-100A)* potentiometer have ~30º of "electrical effective angle" (don't confuse with mecanical rotation) but gimbal and throttle pot arm move a bit more than this angle, seems that Manager "amplify" pot response for cancel that (mechanical) deadzone at end of axis course.

As alternative (for Manager Win10 issues) try with DView calibration.

* This thing is so old, you can not even find the datasheet. :D

I have to admit I'm disappointed reading this thread (and others in this forum). I used to own a complete set of CH...stick, throttle and pedals...back when it was all thru a serial cable. They were so well built and I regret getting rid of them simply because I couldn't find a serial-USB connector at the time.

Reading about all these problems and how it seems like they aren't supporting their PC products is sad. I was seriously thinking about upgrading my old Saitek stuff, but I've just seen so much poor reviews in the last couple days of reading.

I regret BJM's experience . Binding in DCS controls menu , i have had zero problems with mine .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I regret BJM's experience . Binding in DCS controls menu , i have had zero problems with mine .

I regret it too...I really wanted to like the CH stuff. The jittering in the throttle axis was just way too much that the throttle and stick in the cockpit were jittering as well. There was also a noticable lack of precision and of course the poor software. The ergonomics and quality of the buttons on the Fighterstick and Pro Throttle are really great, but I feel that the internals are just to outdated compared to other products available.

I now have the Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle, and TFRP Pedals. I am happy with my decision as there is a significant increase in quality, precision, and feel compared to the CH Products. Oh, and no jittering! Each axis is rock solid.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

I regret it too...I really wanted to like the CH stuff. The jittering in the throttle axis was just way too much that the throttle and stick in the cockpit were jittering as well. There was also a noticable lack of precision and of course the poor software. The ergonomics and quality of the buttons on the Fighterstick and Pro Throttle are really great, but I feel that the internals are just to outdated compared to other products available.

I now have the Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle, and TFRP Pedals. I am happy with my decision as there is a significant increase in quality, precision, and feel compared to the CH Products. Oh, and no jittering! Each axis is rock solid.

Glad you found something that makes you happy ! Now go flying :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2