Cheap VR UFC and question

Harlikwin

So...

Being that we are in VR, its hard/inconvenient and immersion breaking to use keyboard. The hardcore sim pit guys will laugh at me and call me a piker but I don't care what it looks like since I'm looking at the VR one as I type.

Solution:

USB num pad

61SrWPO%2B5DL._SL1300_.jpg

Now you will notice that its the standard 789 arrangement. Well, you can just pull off the keys and put 1,2,3 there. Not a big deal since I mostly don't look at it, but once in a while I look under my rift. Map numbers to UFC controls in the hornet and harrier. Use spare keys for other functions.

Next step get a cell phone holder, or other triangular object or chuck of wood. Get your tape/glue/velcro (I use velcro) out and get to buildin. I velcroed my stand to my fox mount for my hotas. Works well....

Except 1 problem... And maybe someone can help...

the 00 button, actually adds 00 instead of 0, I have it mapped in game to 0 on the UFC but it always gives you a 00. Any ideas?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Ha - I came up with using a remote keypad for racing sims in VR (my wheel is on a separate desk to my PC/HOTAS etc) but I think building your own UFC is the best solution and means you can have your own layout and you can easily feel where everything is and get it right almost every time.

As long as you don't leave your drink in the way.... ahem... :cry:

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I got one of these:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/21-23-24-Key-RGB-YMDK-Programmable-Marco-Function-MX-Cherry-Gateron-Switches-Mechanical-Keyboard-Numpad/32916152785.html

Lights are nice, more keys than a normal numpad, and it's fully programmable. Can change each individual key, setup macros, create function layers, etc. I love it so much I'm gonna buy a second one.

i7 6700k @ 4.6, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX 1070, Rift S | MS Sidewinder FFB2 w/ TM F-22 Pro Grip, TM TWCS Throttle, VKB T-Rudder Mk. IV

I've tried this on one or two sims and also on my PS4, it generally works well, but you might come up against the odd hard coded binding that refuses to change mapping. It's a cheap solution though, and certainly in VR it hardly matters what it looks like. If you could position it in real space to perfectly match the location of the buttons in the cockpit I bet you could use it even without being able to see your hands.

i7-7700K/Gigabyte RTX2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Sennheiser HD380pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/TM Warthog+VKB MkIV Rudder pedals/Rift CV1