Please help with glass material setting..

Hi, currently learning the import process but have run into a problem with glass for wip vc.. Nommatter what i try there seems to be no transparency. Have selected glass for the mtl attributes in the editor and have tried the stock p51 .dif & reflect .dds to make sure is not an issue with the textures.

Currently have diffuse selected for diffuse color but was not sure if the refl or opacity slot had to use the refl texture or be left unchecked? all other textures work perfectly only have an issue with glass.

Thanks

It's actually a fake reflection ( include everything in cockpit) map, and auto env reflection (environment only, no magic raytracing of any mesh object) while you have roughmet map to your material.

So it should be a composite map in diffuse channel, layer 1 for fake reflection map with alpha, layer 4 for damage map, layer 6 for color map without alpha.

And of course a roughmet map which sim calls for it automatically by name.

Thanks for your help, the images show how the mtl edititor is currently set. So if i understand correctly layer 1 - refl.dds, layer 4 - dam.dds, layer 6 - diff.dds. Which ones do oil splatter, dirt & normal go in?

Much apreciate your help.

2.thumb.jpg.7d493df14820a43e8b88f3c66234255b.jpg

1.thumb.jpg.1c1e6700470cc97cfde1d4ae33fa4fc1.jpg

Edited by MrBiggs

Something like this?

Yes.

Normal map gose in normal way ;), and all weathering work could be in refl map and roughmet, and layer 6 for color only, since the brightness of refl & color map affect material transparency too, so it's better to keep one map for one purpose only.

• 2 weeks later...

hey , thank you for these informations .

i'm stucked in another level . i have a glass.dds i want to put on my canopy to mùake trasnparency . it works on 3Dsmax , but not in the game .

i tried to put the file in bazar/temptextures , and in the texture folder of the aircraft but not succesfully .

do you have an idea ?

glass.thumb.png.817e9fff635dfa44e520f7a85c080be5.png

Edited by Cougar133

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 7950X / Z670E -  32Gb DDR5 6000CAS36 - 4070TI - ReverbG2 - Hotas Cougar FSSBR1

You could check the alpha Chanel in the image that it is not white should be grey - black or might be a good idea to take the stock tf 51 cpt texture for example copy it to texture folder of your AC rename it & give that a try then go from there..if still no transparency then must be in mtl setting.

Edited by MrBiggs

• 3 years later...

Hi Guys,

can someone give me a hand on how ED handles the damaged Glass (Bullet holes)? All I know is that composite Material is the way. But where do I  apply the Arguments for the visibilty ?

Edited by The_Fragger

2D/3D Artist

MILTECH-5 /PD

Lead 3D Artist - TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BO-105 PAH1A1/VBH / HKP-9A / BO-105 CBS-5 KLH

Eurofighter Typhoon

https://www.facebook.com/PolyDynamicsDCS/

Windows 10 (x64)

3x Corsair SSD GT 250 GB

Mainboard: Asus STRIX Z390-F

CPU: Intel Core I9-9900K @ 3.60GHz