VKB MCG on Gunfighter random buttons presses: SOLVED

Lehmen

Had this problem for a while, some buttons and switches were activating randomly by themselves. Very annoying. Had googled it, found out that I was not the only one with such problem, but it seems that noone had any solid solution. There was new firmware that should fix the problem, but it didn't helped in my case. Once again, google search showed that I wasn't alone. People were reporting improvements, but no permanent solution. So, when I finally solved this and make my MCG working PERFECTLY, I decided to create this tread. Maybe it will help someone else.

So, what I did? Two simple things.

1. I disassembled whole system (I have an extension), cleaned all contacts, put some Molycote grease on them (any silicone grease will do) and carefully assembled it back, making sure that there are good contacts everywhere.

2. I put my Gunfighter on powered USB hub connected to a fast (red) USB port.

That it! I don't know what step had worked, or they both, but since then, I didn't had a single glitch (unwanted button activation) in almost a month of use.

I have the same problem as well. I've used powered hubs for the MCG Pro to no avail. I'm actually betting it's the contacts as the issue seems to be more prevalent on the Mk.1/Rev A Gunfighter which is what I have. I'll try the clean and grease to see if that helps at all.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Every few months or so the buttons on my MCG Pro with Mk 1 Gunfighter will act up, or not work much at all. I remove the grip along with the extension, and re-seat it then all is well again for the next few months. Not sure why that happens, but just a reseat so far has always taken care of it for me.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Grease is important protection measure. I'm working with underwater equipment, all manufactures recommending to put some silicone (or similar) grease on all plugs.

Edited by Lehmen